• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Masters - Tiger vs the Field

DJlaysitup

Tiger is even money betting-wise against the field this year. Unbelievable but unless he makes mistakes or another good player is red-hot, you gotta figure Tiger Woods is the ovewhelming favorite.

Hopefully we will have some decent weather this year and won't have a winning score over par.

First time the par 3 tourney was on TV this year and I didn't realize you could get the video on Masters.org until late. You can also get the coverage tomorrow and Friday there.

One cool thing from today (other than the 4 holes in 1) - Arnie Palmer won closest to the pin on the first hole - a little more than 22 inches from the cup. A nice piece of crystal for ole Arnie to add to those four Green Jackets. thumb3d.gif

Woods is always a good bet these days.

I didn't get to see any of the Par 3 on TV this year. It is deffantly fun to watch live if you ever have a chance. There's lots of clowning around and great views over some of the holes.

From what I've seen today - Tiger is leaving the door open. Still - he played fairly poorly and is still even par. He hit a 4 iron into #13 that - had it stuck - he would have had a makeable eagle putt. It released over the green and he butchered the short game from there and got a 6. Could be that since Zach Johnson won it last year that the other guys (good players all) might not be as afraid of Tiger.

Still, I'll admit, I'm a Tiger fan. I hope he shoots 66 tomorrow and is right there at the top of the leaderboard.

The field is looking good early.

The Masters is now like the US Open. The course is too difficult for anyone to dominate or get out to a big lead.

It will go down to the wire.

How bout Phil at -4.

BTW. It has been 34 holes at the Masters, going into Fri, since Tiger's last birdie at Augusta. He did have one eagle yesterday but missed many makeable puts. You got to figure those greens outs and make some puts to win. That is just basic golf.

Whoever wins will be the guy with the hot putter.

• Admin

yah it ended pretty much like everyone suspected. Early on people were like "what's wrong with Tiger, why is he being so cautious", but in the end you see why. He played the course smarter than anyone else, with the exception of Immelman, who simply played lights out for three days and that allowed him to shoot a 75 on Sunday and still win.