• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I Hope I'm wrong, but I think the Knicks will win

khaos7

I'm not trying to sound like the sky is falling. However, the Hawks have 3 major flaws that have existed since the beginning of the season:

1) we play down the the level of competition. It's happened all year, so I don't foresee that changing.

2)We've sucked on the road. That, too, has been the case all year.

3) The Knicks played us harder last game. They beat Detroit (albeit with their starters taking breathers), Orlando, and Charlotte. They are on a three game winning streak, playing inspired ball and would mind playing spoiler to our playoff hopes.

Using those 3 things as a measuring stick, if I were a betting man, I believe we lose this game. I hope I'm wrong. However, you have to go by trends. The only trend the Hawks have to their credit, in regards to this game, is the fact we beat them each time we've played them this year. That's huge in the Hawks favor, but I think this teams psyche is fragile and the Knicks will playoff off that. Let's see if Bibby will get out of his funk.

Knicks 102 Hawks 91

Quote:

This team may be in trouble, not because of who they play, but because the games mean something.

Pressure will be great for the Hawks and there will be no pressure on the opponents.

We know how this team handles pressure.

I couldn't have said it better. There is more in the Hawks recent history (Philly game aside) to suggest that can't handle the pressure and will let a mediocre team like NY beat them on the road, then there is that would cause me to believe they will win.

There is no reason for me to think this Hawks team can't or won't bounce back from the bad performance in Indy.

When the Hawks got beat by Philly last Fri they responded with a big win in Philly on Sat. They should do it again.

Bibby an Horford should be more then just motivated after hardly playing in the 2nd half. JJ, Smith, and Chills were playing hard last game.

So the Knicks won 3 games in a row. Do they know how to win 4 in a row ? Have they done that in the last 2 or 3 years ?

The morale is so low people are calling for a loss vs. the lowly Knicks. ashamed.gif

People name 3 Hawks weaknesses as a reason to lose. This team has many more strengths then do those Knicks. Remember,if you start listing the Knicks weaknesses it will run much longer then the list of the Hawks.

Quote:

Quote:

This team may be in trouble, not because of who they play, but because the games mean something.

Pressure will be great for the Hawks and there will be no pressure on the opponents.

We know how this team handles pressure.

I couldn't have said it better. There is more in the Hawks recent history (Philly game aside) to suggest that can't handle the pressure and will let a mediocre team like NY beat them on the road, then there is that would cause me to believe they will win.

They are expierencing this "playoff pressure" for the first time in their carreers. This is what makes 21 and 22 year olds evolve into NBA "vets."

I'm ready to watch these young guys continue to grow up right before our eyes.

The recent history I like to focus on is the 9 Win / 4 Loss run these young Hawks have gone on under the playoff pressure of late. Of course I coul just select 2 recent losses out of that pile of 13 games and join the Dooms Day Prarade.......but that is no fun.

I hope I'm wrong. I just see the Knicks coming out pumped, in their arena, and us caving into the pressure of knowing we have to win. It hurt us in Indy because one of our two players who has been in high pressure situations (Bibby) caved in. I think it had a trickle down effect on everyone else. Again, I hope I'm wrong and Lil' Nate, Zach, Crawford, Q, Dave Lee, and Renaldo "Faldo" don't run us out of Madison Square Garden. I don't take ANY game we play as a win, with the track record this team has.

For the Knicks to be a threat, Jamal Crawford is the key. If he plays well and Bibby is still slumping, it'll be a tight game.

I think the Hawks are okay with some types of pressure. They mainly have a problem with the pressure that comes from closing out things that they should close out, which is a normal thing for young teams. I wouldn't be surprised to see them have a horrible first or second game in the playoffs against Boston, then the other 3 or 4 games they holdup fine under the pressure.

Quote:

We need Bibby to snap out of this slump. He has picked the worst possible time to go into a slump. If he snaps out of it. Then everyone should be alright. It is him,JJ and Horford that have been in any pressure situations.

Yep HCSM....if the big boys play well (and that includes JS), I think we win the game. But NYK isn't going to lay down at the Garden. We will have to beat them. I would expect a close game - at least at the end. If we lose and end up going 1-3 for the last four games we just have to hope that Indy can't go 3-1.

Maybe we can beat Orlando again.

Another problem, there is no reason for Miami not to play hard in their last home game of the year. They don't have to "tank"...they've already got worst record sewed up. They will do their best to give their fans a season ending win at home. They aren't very good - but average players tend to excel against us sometimes.

I guess I was wrong...Hawks beat the Knicks. I actually didn't mind the run NY made. They've played good ball as for late. Next us is Boston. I hope they don't play their starters heavy minutes...for our sake. I'm not saying give us the game. Just let the big 3 play 20 minutes each. Indy is on fire and I don't see them losing anything right now. Washington is our only hope. Charlotte will get smacked around tomorrow. If we lose and they win, the lead is down to one game. Come on freakin' Bobcats...

Quote:

I guess I was wrong...Hawks beat the Knicks. I actually didn't mind the run NY made. They've played good ball as for late. Next us is Boston. I hope they don't play their starters heavy minutes...for our sake. I'm not saying give us the game. Just let the big 3 play 20 minutes each. Indy is on fire and I don't see them losing anything right now. Washington is our only hope. Charlotte will get smacked around tomorrow. If we lose and they win, the lead is down to one game. Come on freakin' Bobcats...

geeez. You are quite the optomist.

Quote:

Quote:

geeez. You are quite the optomist.

I'm a realist. Until this team proves they can win big games, it's hard to pick the Hawks.

Quote:

I'm a realist. Until this team proves they can win big games, it's hard to pick the Hawks.

No you're not. Picking the Knicks to win tonite isn't a realist. A realist wouldn't pick a team that was a 5 pt underdog and a team we have beaten all 4 times this year. Anyway, I hope you are wrong again!

Quote:

Quote:

No you're not. Picking the Knicks to win tonite isn't a realist. A realist wouldn't pick a team that was a 5 pt underdog and a team we have beaten all 4 times this year. Anyway, I hope you are wrong again!

I hope I'm wrong too

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I hope I'm wrong too

We all hope you are wrong.