National attention-- Good for...

frosgrim

Just a Sunday morning thought, but does the national coverage that comes with making the playoffs help solve the ownership dispute?

Here is what I am thinking:

TNT and other broadcaster will have to air ASG-Belkin dirty laundry during telecasts. There is only so much you can talk about over a 4-7 game series. Add in the fact that JJ is our best player and his acquisition caused the airing of the rift between the owners, it has to be talked about.

Now, both the ASG and Belkin probably have no interest in being continually called out about this problem nationally. Locally, they can control it, but nationally, it could get very ugly in terms of reporters digging into the rift, the law suit, and internal disagreements.

There is little that the owners could do today to change the coverage, but if the Hawks are going to be a perennial playoff team, the rift will have to be settled for both sides to save face in the light of growing national media attention.

As I said just a random Sunday morning thought.

I can't really see where they'll find the time to talk about it with all the other games. When halftime comes around, they'll just talk about the earlier games or the upcoming games. If they actually talk about the Hawks, it will be Al Horford and his potential for getting ROTY. Maybe during the game they'll talk about it, but that conversation will end when PP drives to the hole for an uncontested lay-up with Marvin Williams just watching him go buy like a dumb ash.