• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ASG Want the Hawks to Fal?

Hawk88

I am wondering if the current Hawks are as good as the ASG want them to get. The sweet spot where you don't overpay for players but you make the playoffs for the extra money. Let the team waller around for a while disinteresting the fans and them move the team to a new City for a payday. IE Seatle. Think about it. Everything is run to make a buck.

Woody and BK have to be the cheapest coaches and GM's in the industry. Where else would they get jobs.

No more long term deals.

Besides Al and Joe there isn't a lot to feel good about.

Young players who aren't paid highly. Sucky draft pics so you don't have to pay them when it is time to resign. Childress shouldn't be highly paid. JSmith, had a really weak second half. JSmith is likely a coach killer because he is so inconsistent.

I just question whether the Ownership cares at all about getting better.

It's a shame. With the right coach and a couple more moves this team could be good.

Thoughts,

Hawk88

Hopefully the lack just dishing out the long term contracts to Chillz and Smoove are because of the ownership situation. As far as the money part, I believe ATL has a better market than Seattle and probably anywhere else vying for a team. If they build a contender here, they will make more money. A non contender probably won't make considerably more money in any city other outside of Chicago, NY and L.a. probably.

• Moderators

I don't think they are moving but you're partly right. No one expected the Hawks to be a contender. Playoffs was the goal and they made it. The fact that we don't have overpaid players on the roster is a good thing that you can say about BK. The team is in a position to take the next step. The owners have to be willing to do it.

The good news is 'grew our own' talent and we have a lot of it. The bad part is that despite many chances we didn't get a franchise player. Smoove or Horford have potential though. This year we have to acquire some vets who can shoot and defend.