• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It seemed Paul Pierce wanted to fight Horford?

HAWKS1986

Horford was traunting him.

I was only listening to the radio feed, but yea it seems Pierce and Garnett were taking offense to Horford celebrating after that last shot? Steve Holman started going off on the Celtics, saying things like 'KG can show his nipple, but they get upset when Big Al starts celebrating? They think everything is handed to them on a golden platter!"

I'd personally pay $100 to punch Paul Pierce in the face..

Quote:

I was only listening to the radio feed, but yea it seems Pierce and Garnett were taking offense to Horford celebrating after that last shot? Steve Holman started going off on the Celtics, saying things like 'KG can show his nipple, but they get upset when Big Al starts celebrating? They think everything is handed to them on a golden platter!"

I'd personally pay $100 to punch Paul Pierce in the face..

LOL

I would like to see Marvin 'accidently' clothesline Ray Allen... or maybe Solo elbowing Rondo in the jaw..

Yeah Peirce was livid... he was walking towards the ATL bench and had to be restrained by none other than Brian Scalabrine in street clothes.

Personally, I don't like it -- a Rookie on the worst team in the playoffs taunting a multiple All-Star and leader on the League's best team, not to mention a team that has destroyed us in our other five meetings season.

I think it's bad form, unless Pierce did something to personally disrespect the Hawks or Al that I don't know about. We just gave ourselves a huge shot of confidence and I'd hate for Pierce to make game 4 his personal crusade....

can you believe the announcers talking about how he should get a T? what about f***in KG the whole damn series talking to [censored] to our guys. who wants to bet we get hardly any coverage on this game on espn highlights and nba shows tomorrow. Theyll show more of a boston blowout than atlanta upset.

Quote:

Pierce flashing gang signs after Horford taunting him?....LMFAO!
laugh.gif

Go Playoff Hawks!

It looked like he was throwing up bloods.

Quote:

I wonder if it was a comment about stabbing because Pierce looked really, really pissed off.

looked like he told him to stay the F*** down (Peirce fell down on the play). I love it. Horford's one of the only players I can get excited about taunting other players b/c you know he won't back down from any retaliation.

Quote:

Yeah it is fine when the Celtics show emotions. If the Hawks do then it is a sin. I hope no Hawks fans apologize for how Horford reacted. Hawks need that kind of emotion if they want to hang in this series.

There is a huge difference between showing emotion and taunting another player. What Horford did clearly looked like taunting to me (yelling and pointing at him while he was on the floor), but I don't know what he said so I'm not going to pass judgement.

I'd imagine that whatever Horford said must have been pretty bad for Pierce to react as he did, altho the shame of the proud Celtics falling to the lowly Hawks may have made Al's words sting much sharper than they were intended to...

Quote:

Yeah Peirce was livid... he was walking towards the ATL bench and had to be restrained by none other than Brian Scalabrine in street clothes.

Personally, I don't like it -- a Rookie on the worst team in the playoffs taunting a multiple All-Star and leader on the League's best team, not to mention a team that has destroyed us in our other five meetings season.

I think it's bad form, unless Pierce did something to personally disrespect the Hawks or Al that I don't know about. We just gave ourselves a huge shot of confidence and I'd hate for Pierce to make game 4 his personal crusade....

Who cares? I'm sure Pierce intended to make game 3 a personal crusade as well. The Celts have been taunting us throughout, and given Horford's usual class act, I'm sure what he did was in response to Celtic's antics earlier, including game 2 (see my post yeserday about ESPN's Bill Simmons saying Atlanta was intimidated and Marvin peed his pants in game 2).

Paul Pierce reppin