• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knicks Interested in RATLIFF

cyman3

but i dont know... they dont really have anyone that i would want.

Their best player is ALLAN HOUSTON and he did have a career year this past year, but his contract is LONG and i have enough faith in him to keep going strong every year.

Then theres Latrell Sprewell who killed the hawks the last time we went to the playoffs. But last year he had an off year, he had some good games but nevertheless had an offyear. Will he come back strong or will he continue to slowly decline? Isint he 32 or so? In other words, I rather have RATLIFF.

There's also KURT THOMAS, but in my opinion hes equivalent to Alan Henderson. I have enough faith that Henderson could produce the same numbers given that much playing time.

-----------------------------------------------------------

wat u think?

In my opinion Theo Ratliff (healthy) is a very valuable asset. His contract isn't long so there's no reason to throw him away for junk. It would take either a Center with similar defensive abilities (which would make no sense) or a more valuable wingman making up for the lack of Centers in this league. I've mentioned before that I wouldn't mind picking up Michael Finley from Dallas but although that might seem unfair, that's what I'm looking for if we were to trade Ratliff. If NY or whomever is so interested, make us an offer that shows it. Ratliff is extremely important to our team defense. I'm not going to preach to you guys because all of you know as well as me. I actually think Kurt Thomas is a solid veteran but he is a PF in my mind and we have a capable all-star at that position in Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

On another note, what do you think of this deal?

Grob/Nazr to POR for Anderson/Davis

JT/Dickau

Anderson/Hansen

Diaw/??

SAR/Hendu

Ratliff/Davis

We could make a big trade with them for more give than take.

Here is what I am thinking...

Theo/GR/Hendu for Spree/McDyess

I am not sure I really like it, but the result is somewhat intriging.

JT/DD

Spree/Hanson

SAR/Diaw/CC

McDyess/??

Nazr/??

Sign Kevin Willis as backup C and maybe let Spree/SAR/Dyess all slip down a slot. JT/Diaw/Spree/SAR/Dyess.

I do not know if Dyess is healthy, but he is really good when he is healthy. Better at PF, but can play C ok in the east.

Dyess' contract ends after this year (so we can see how it works) and Spree has the same length left as GROB.

We get rid of Hendu's contract and get rid of GRob too.

I was thinking about our future when I read this rumor of the knicks interest. I say we clear salary cap and get into the Kobe/JT/possibly Odom sweepstakes next year.

We send Theo/Hendu/BigDog for McDyess/Ward/Knight/Thomas.

This clears 27 million in cap space and gives us a player option on Kurt Thomas for a possible Sign and Trade later.

We then send Nazr/Crawford to Dallas for Najera/AJ.

This move clears another 8 million.

We now can make a move on Garnett/Kobe, resign JT to 7 million a year and Adonal Foyle to the Midlevel or less. Knicks get a small forward in Big Dog and a center in Theo. They also clear up the logjam at PF. Dallas gets a serviceable center on the cheap in Nazr after missing out on Olowokandi/Mourning/Rasho. I know Nazr isn't the greatest but he is way better than anything the Mavs put out there now.

I also see us resigning DJ for 2 million if the Grizz rumors are false. We sign two major free agents and the rest are developing rookies from solid mid/late round drafting.

Lineup in two years equals:

JT/Dickau

Kobe/Hansen

Garnett/Diaw/DJ

Sar/FA/Draft

Foyle/Draft

We go over the cap but who freaking cares we finallyhave some star power.

Love the trade jezmund, Derek Anderson and Dale Davis would be a welcome addition to the Hawks while losing GRob in a fair deal is even better.

Only problem here is, Derek and Dale are both good citizens, seems to me that Portland will be trying to unload some of their "troubled" players first as in

Rasheed Wallace, Bonzi Wells, Ruben Patterson and of course Damon Stoudamire(nobody wants mouse).

Still, a starting lineup of

JT, DA, Diaw, SAR, Ratliff

yummy

you know if we could pull those things off, then that would be phat. would new york do it? they probably would. but if you're right that it would clear 27 million off of our cap after this coming season AND we still are able to keep jt, sar, dd, diaw, and hansen, then we would have done something special..

we'd have money to spend on a big free agent with some star power as you mentioned. can anyone think of a downfall to this plan? cuz i can't and if it's as golden as it sounds, i'd love to send this one to billy knight..

i guess we would need some center help or signings but still.. that sounds like a plan to me....