• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marketing Opportunities

Johnnybravo4

I have no real data for this, but I am guessing that the Hawks/Celtics series is probably the most watched during the playoffs since all of our games have been in the prime time slot and we probably had the two biggest combined markets in the first round.

That being said, will the national attention translate into increased media opportunities for our Hawks? Will JJ be on Nba live 2009? Will there be Al Horford Gatorade Commercials, or Josh Smith Adidas shoes? While JJ may be too quiet to be a national spokesperson for something, I think that Josh Smith's athleticism would be perfect for an Adidas or Reebok campaign. Horford just screams for an Under Armor commercial.

JJ did the commercial where he's the narrator talking about the Hawks team and ways we help out, and at the end says "I'm Joe Johnson", I know you've seen those kinds before. I thought JJ did really good in that commercial honestly. If he keeps putting in performances like Monday night, he'll be a marketing beast.

Speaking of marketing opportunities, I think Josh Smith could be the backbone--not Joe Johnson. Joe, although a very good player, doesnt have the demeanor to be that marketable. He's like a Tim Duncan in that sense (both are very, very quiet with little emotion). Josh, with his amazing, electric play can be more marketable--especially if he becomes more consistent and continues to dunk all over people (Im glad he has done more of that toward the end of this year and the playoffs). At any rate, this national attention can do nothing but help all of our guys and propel our most exciting guys to the forefront of the minds of basketball fans.