• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Red Out

AnnArborHawk

I wish someone on the Hawks would reach out to the media, reach out to state and city officials, and ask for the their help calling for a red out (everyone wears red - a little more intimidating than the blue). You watch the Boston game and see a see of green, Atlanta's just never been able to pull off the color coordination thing, but it really adds an extra level to the home court advantage. Plus its a good motivator for the team and the city. I want a red out!

Generally, those things are sponsored by a corporation. In other words, someone pays for free t-shirts to be given away at the door. I saw that they were giving away free green t-shirts before the game yesterday in Boston. So we need for Wachovia, Coca-Cola or Turner to step up and pick up the $150,000 tab to outfit the Friday night crowd.

Quote:

Generally, those things are sponsored by a corporation. In other words, someone pays for free t-shirts to be given away at the door. I saw that they were giving away free green t-shirts before the game yesterday in Boston. So we need for Wachovia, Coca-Cola or Turner to step up and pick up the $150,000 tab to outfit the Friday night crowd.

Dawg Nation supplied their own for the "black out" vs. Auburn with 3 days notice. 92,000 fans did it alone without any sponsorship. The fans were used to wearing red. So most had to go out and get new black UGA shirts.

If the passion is there no sponsorship is needed. The place would be full of red UGA shirts but at least it would be a "red out."

The challenge is printing 20,000 Hawks /Coke shirts. It just can't be done. Too late. The fans would have to do it on there own.

Seems like Coke would jump on the Red out since it is the main color in their corporate logo. I was very disappointed that this didn't happen during Games 3 or 4. Game 6 is crucial and I think the Red out would definitely add to the atmosphere at Philips. Even if a sponsor doesn't jump onboard, then someone in PR for the Hawks needs to step up and hit up the local media outlets and request folks to wear red to the game. I'm down!!!