• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JB's 2009 Roadmap

Johnnybravo4

Going into next season we need 3 things (and no I haven't written off this season yet)

1. Interior Scoring

2. Interior D

3. Outside shooting

Since we don't have a draft pick we have to improve the team thru Free Agency.

Our trade bait

1. Mike Bibby 14 million expirer

2. Marvin Williams

3. Josh Childress (SNT)

4. Bench Players (Salim, Solo, Zaza)

Our first priority should be to resign Josh Smith. He is our team emotional leader and the city's most beloved player. I think we can get it done for 5 years 60 million. He is due 2 more max contracts anyway before his career is up so maybe we can get him to give us a slight hometown discount, as long as no azzhole come out and offers 100 millon.

Next is to bring David Andersen over. He is making about 2 million per or 2.5 if you throw in room and board. We should offer him our MLE which is 3 years 15million.

Next, resign Josh Childress. I think we can keep Chills here for the contract we offered Speedy. 4 years 24 million should get it done. If he gets a better offer, we should force a SNT for draft pics and bench players.

Next, Blockbuster trade. Send Marvin Williams and Mike Bibby to Indiana in exchange for Jermaine O'neal and Travis Diener. O'neal may have been injury prone in the past, but they are nagging type of things and not career threatening like Speedy. Getting DA gives us insurance in case O'neal does miss games (Like most players do.) But it cannot be denied that when O'neal is healthy he is a dominant player in the mold of KG.

Sign Gerald Green to our our lower extension. I think that being kicked out of the NBA will give him the humility needs to become a player that his talent dictates he should be.

So basically in training camp our lineup is this

Law/Diener/Speedy

JJ/Green

Smoove/Childress

Horford/DA

O'neal/Zaza

We would have outside shooting in Law/Green/Diener. We'd have the best defensive frontcourt in the league with Smoove, Horford, O'neal. We'd have an outside shooting bigman in DA. If Speedy is healthy and give us anything then it is a definite bonus. O'neal will give us the game changing go to guy who can take up scoring when Joe is not cooking, and the pick and roll with O'neal would be sick.

Indiana would do the trade because it allows them to go to their youth movement while potentially removing 22 million from their cap. The can choose to resign Marvin if he plays for them or Bibby if he works out, or they can let one or both walk. Indianas lineup would be

Bibby

Granger

Dunleavy

Marvin

Foster

I think that Indy could live with that lineup. Especially if they are intrigued by Marvin Williams potential.

It is a win win...especially for us

Before I read it I knew it was J. O'Niel trade.

I would consider it at the trade deadline but not before the season. Bibby has shown how important he is in the regular season. If Law shows alot of growth and gets more consistent and O'Neil shows he is healthy it is worth revisting at the trade deadline or all star break.

Bird may want Bibby & Williams expiring contracts then to speed up Indy's rebuild if they are out of the playoffs.

See I think that a deadline deal like that would revamp our roster too dramatically. I think secretly JON wants to get out of Indy and thus has been sitting out longer than he would normally. Not that he is faking injury, but I don't think he is pushing it as much as he would. We need to move Bibby now, because if we don't we might end up in a quandry of whether to resign him and thus killing Acie's growth. I think after a full training camp Law will be fine.