• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JT to Miami for Dwayne Wade?

KB21

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/6337820.htm

It's possible. Dwayne Wade is currently unsigned, which means his draft rights can be traded. A one for one deal would work here as well, because the Heat are under the salary cap by about $11 million.

I still believe the Hawks will match pretty much any offer.

Reasons the Hawks would match:

1. They like Jason Terry and know he is an integral part of this team.

2. It's going to be difficult to find another point guard that brings as much to the game as Terry brings.

Reasons the Hawks wouldn't match:

1. By making this deal, in particular, they would save $4-5 million.

2. It would give them a chance to look at rebuilding again around three young players in Dan Dickau, Dwayne Wade, and Boris Diaw.

It will be interesting to follow this. Wade is one of only two players on the Heat's team that I would take for Terry. The other is Caron Butler.

If this does happen then I can almost immediately see the Hawks sign Darrell Armstrong. Since we are reportedly 1 of about 4 teams that are interested in him and we would have a GLARING need for a veteran PG, that would make a lot of sense.

Would we be better with those 2 guys instead of JT? Isnt JT worth more than an unproven rookie who has been called a combo guard himself? How would the salaries match in order for a trade if it were just those two, they couldnt right? We would have to take on an additional player I believe.

I dont know if we would be any better, but if we could make the trade and save the 4-5 mil as KB says then we could sign Armstrong and our lineup would look like this:

Armstrong/Dickau

Wade/Diaw/Hansen

Dog/Crawford

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

Because Miami is under the cap (by a considerable amount), the 15% trade rule does not apply. Miami can take back more than they give up.

Would we be any better? For this season, I seriously doubt it. In the future, maybe. I think that if the Hawks do a sign and trade with JT, getting a young player like Wade in return, it will be a signal that they are going to scrap the team and build toward the 2005 offseason. If they trade Terry, then they would probably look to deal SAR, Theo, and Glenn at some point. It could be similar to the approach that Orlando took in 1999.