• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Forcing Game Seven

KB21

Well, the Hawks have already shocked the world. No one, not even the fans of the team, expected this team to force game seven with the Boston Celtics. Most of the pundits on the television networks thought this series would be a sweep and at the most a 5 game set.

Well, here we are. The Hawks have forced game 7 with the Celtics. The Hawks are basically in a position where they have nothing to lose, so they might as well go up there, play with a lot of energy, and leave every last bit of it on the court. It's time for a nothing to lose mentality. The Hawks should go up there with the intent that they are going to simply blow the Celtics off their own home floor.

The reason I say the Hawks have nothing to lose is because regardless of the outcome of game 7, this team has tasted this. They have something to build on next season. They now know what it takes to win in playoff basketball. They know the make up of their own team, and they know the aspects of the game that they have to get better and more consistent at doing.

No, NO, no, NO.

You cannot be satisfied with just getting to game 7. That is great but winning on the Celtics home court. Are you kidding me. This is total pay back to the Celtics organization that sold the right to buy playoff tickets IN JANUARY. 4 months before the season ended.

To Paul Pierce and his gang signal. To Garnett and Pierce's mouths.

The dynamic of this game is interesting. Boston has got to be feeling an unbearable pressure to win. Yet they have dominated us in their house so are they going to feel confident? With Bibby having yet find his jumper, is game 7 his time to show up and carry us into the most incredible upset in nba playoff history? Do the Hawks play with a nothing to lose attitude and actually play better than they did tonight? So many angles to this game it's crazy!

I agree. Can't let up now. Just getting there isn't enough. The Hawks have got to believe they can do it - and then must get it done. They have accomplished a lot but this must be overlooked. The prize is just too great...

flava

Quote:

No, NO, no, NO.

You cannot be satisfied with just getting to game 7. That is great but winning on the Celtics home court. Are you kidding me. This is total pay back to the Celtics organization that sold the right to buy playoff tickets IN JANUARY. 4 months before the season ended.

To Paul Pierce and his gang signal. To Garnett and Pierce's mouths.

I'm satisfied with forcing a game 7. The Hawks shouldn't be, but as a fan, if the season ends in Boston on Sunday, I'll still get up and applaud, loudly, for the effort these Hawks put forth in this series.

Then we'll move on to next year and see if a new coach can win on the road for us, occasionally.

I'll tell you what, if we come out hot early in Game 7, we're going to take the crowd out of this game really quickly. They are MAD at the Celtics and have a lot of that Boston Red Sox "Failure is imminent" mentality. This is much of the same fanbase that watched the Patriots lose to the Giants in the Superbowl after an undefeated season. Now they have to worry about a 66 win team losing to a 37 win team in the playoffs.

If they feel like the Hawks have the advantage, the crowd will be neutralized.