• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody better come up w/ something fresh for Boston

bumpyphish1

You right, we cant go into Boston with the same old okey doke. We have lost all 3 games there by an average of 22 points. We have never been close. The most important things are:

1) We have to outrebound them

2) We have to continue to limit them to one shot

3) We have to hit open shots. Bibby hasnt been able to do it, and with Joe doubled and Marvin possibly out or hobbled, more pressure will be on him to hit those open shots he has been missing. We cant play like we did today and win in Boston on Sunday.

4) Not look at this game as a "we have nothing to lose." We are one win away from shocking the world and making it into the second round. Woody and the players need to leave everything on the floor to make it competitive.

5) Hit 3 pointers! Neither team did well last night, but we will need them Sunday.

6) Attack the paint! We got into the bonus with more than 7 minutes left in the 4th, but we still shied away from attacking the rim. We have to take advantage of things like that.

7) Jump on them early! If we can take some of the crowd out of it, it will help neutralize the crowd. Boston is a rough place to play, and if we jump on top, or ever hold a lead for a bit, it can pump up our confidence.

We will have to play inspired ball, but we can do it if Woody makes the right calls, the team does what I laid out above, we play physical ball, and the players rise to the ocassion.

the game plan to beat boston is all mental. we know that we are capable of beating them but we have not done it on the road yet. We have to be mentally tough at Boston and play as if the home crowd is ther even thought they wont be..we have to find that killer instinct on the road..it all starts with the coaching staff. And we also have to run, run, and run!!! we play at a slower past at Boston for whatever reason

Agree with you thetruth if the Hawk's do all those things they will beat Boston.

What Boston is going to try and do is blow the Hawk's out obviously to take them out early its imperative the Hawk's don't let the Celtics get on a run.Woody is still getting to much credit where the Hawk's still don't play sound fundamental basketball. You must play it to beat Boston in Boston though since the crowd will have the Celtic's pumped up.

1.Rebounding - don't let the Celtics to get the 2nd and 3rd shots off of rebounds.Box out box out box out. To many times Poe and Perkins are sitting underneath the basket just grabbing the boards.

2.Must drive the lane - drive the lane pick up fouls on the Celtic's

3.Must hit the outside shot - if you hit the outside shot it'll be easier to drive the lane

4.contest shots - don't let allen,Pierce,Posey sit out there in 3 point land with uncontested shots.

5.Reduce turnovers - I have seen way to many times where the Hawks seem to have jelly on their hands and just turn the ball over on dribbles. Lessen the amount of stupid passes Smoove is guilty of this particularly.

6.ZaZa and Jones - they must come up big getting the boards and contest perkins and poe.

Fundamental ball you can beat the Celtics anything less will probably be a blowout.

I won't sit here and play coach...we just need to play like we're capable of playing. Thats the thing that bothers me. Johnson and Smith won't quit giving credit to the fans...WE WON"T BE IN BOSTON!!! You need to transfer that hustle to Boston, cause we can't generate that energy for you from here. Great thing is though...I think they'll do it and make it close to the end. GO HAWKS!!

• Premium Member

Quote:

We need a new strategy to change this "home team" dynamic that has prevailed so far in this series. I don't know if we need to get after them early, speed up the game, or what, but we need to throw a new wrinkle at them in game 7.

Well, the thing is that it's not really about us needing to add anything.. I mean adding something new would be helpful... but we have to have an answer for what Boston adds. Last time there, Boston introduced a double of JJ. Well in game 6 we gave an answer. I don't think Boston has anything else to add... and if they don't add anything new then we need to perfect our play from game 6. Guys other than JJ are going to have to be able to score and more specifically, we have to attack.

i agree...

however i think the new thing can be as simple as Bibby hitting his shots...i tell you Bibby is overdue for one of his games...if he gets on a role and we get a two man game going with him and Joe Johnson, look out.

I think Woody has to do SOMETHING different than what we did in games 1,2 and 5. We have to realize we are 2 different teams when we play home and away. I wouold really like to see a lineup of Acie, Bibby, Joe, Smoove and Al start the game and just try and run, run, run.

Bibby has been awful in Boston and Acie has been impressive in his few minutes.