• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need to trade Smoove in a SNT deal.

Murat

• Premium Member

I was very disappointed in Smoove's play in game 7. BUT...I would still resign him and hold on to him. Trading him accomplishes what? If anything his game 7 play gives us reason to not pay him the max. However, I would still pay him what's fair and what's fair is above 11 million per. Why do I say that?

How many 22 year old players who finished 2nd in blocks and 16th in steals and scored above 15 ppg can you name?

Honestly, what Smoove needs is better coaching. No disrespect to Woody, but one of Wood's problem is that until the playoffs, he allowed Smoove and others to do what they wanted to do on the court without punishment and he did not develop any of our other players. Now is the time for us to bring in a better coach. A coach with a stern hand and a teachers heart. As much as I love Westhead, the guy for the Hawks is Mike Fratello. Mike Fratello will take away that 3 point shot from Smoove. Mike Fratello would help Smoove add a drive from the high post. Mike Fratello may even change Smoove from a finesse player to a banger.

Woody is too busy trying to let Smoove be like Rasheed. However, Smoove is just 22. He'd just be coming out of college.

Quote:

Trading J. Smith (I hate the "Smoove" nick) wouldn't be smart without giving him a shot under another head coach who makes him play hard and within himself every game, if not every possession. It's hard to judge players under this regime...

His main issues are with maturity, discipline, and effort -- the jumpshot, ball-handling, and offensive skill will come gradually but a halfway decent HC would make him worth a near-max deal, especially considering his PR potential.

Agree. Don't think you give up on a talent like this that is a home town boy. He's still a work in progress.