• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need to trade Smoove in a SNT deal.

Murat

He will probably want a max deal and it's a great chance for us to improve our team. Smoove is not a player you want to build your team around. He is like Michael Vick. He can do crazy things, but he will also do some really dumb things. I am afraid he will never be consistent enough for us to be contenders down the road. He is also a tweener.

I would trade him for a solid young center that is no older than 27 or a solid pg that is no older than 27.

If we can get him cheaper than go ahead and sign him, but no way i would max him.

No way I'd max Smith, but I don't see any other teams that would do that either so we shouldn't have anything to worry about.

But if there is a team offering the max, I'd S&T him for the right package. I really don't want to give him the max.

Quote:

Doubt they'd do it, though.

I watch Biedrins, he would suck with the Hawks. No way in hell, I will trade Smith for Conley and role players.

No max but defo resign.

Maybe I'm weird but I look at another thing - while Smith isn't the greatest player in the game today, he isn't a total bust. Work on his inconsistency and BBIQ and he'd be a lot better.

The thing about Smith is he'll SELL. There's a reason the Nets/Spurs final a few years ago was watched by so few - they're both boring. Smith would sell the [censored] out of tickets for doing backflips down the lane and huge dunks, and also with merchandise. It's another thing to consider. You don't want fans walking out because they're boring as hell

There have been time during this season where I thought this maybe the way to go. That was UNTIL I saw the way this kid played in the playoffs. I dont want us to give him the max either but shyyt lets see if we can build off this. The way this team played at home gives us alot of hope. A team full of guys 24 and under is not going to win on the road vs a team with 3 veteran all stars very often. I know the Hawks choked today but teams with guys like Jordon and Lebron have gotten smoked in road playoff games as well their 1st time around. In other words KEEP SMOOVE.

Quote:

There have been time during this season where I thought this maybe the way to go. That was UNTIL I saw the way this kid played in the playoffs. I dont want us to give him the max either but shyyt lets see if we can build off this. The way this team played at home gives us alot of hope. A team full of guys 24 and under is not going to win on the road vs a team with 3 veteran all stars very often. I know the Hawks choked today but teams with guys like Jordon and Lebron have gotten smoked in road playoff games as well their 1st time around. In other words KEEP SMOOVE.

Yeah well some "fans" just don't get it.

21 teams were at home already eliminated before the Hawks. Only 2 of those teams are as young as we are.

This team has an absurdly bright future. But people want to gut the team before we see what type of progression it can make. IT makes no freaking sense in the world.

Quote:

Trading Smoove would be the dumbest move in Hawks' history next to trading 'Nique for Danny Manning.

Agreed. Why would anyone want to trade Smoove before Marvin? One plays with passion and has most the city behind him. The other is only good for a mid range jumper and average defense.

Quote:

Quote:

Trading Smoove would be the dumbest move in Hawks' history next to trading 'Nique for Danny Manning.

Agreed. Why would anyone want to trade Smoove before Marvin? One plays with passion and has most the city behind him. The other is only good for a mid range jumper and average defense.

WHY?

His contract is up and he will want big money. Marvin has 1 more year left on his cheap rookie deal, you can't bring any good players because he doesn't make a lot to match the contracts and he is still unproven. We will trade Marvin next offseason ih he doesn't pan out.

You have to look to improve the team and not just trade who u don't like first. Good teams have players who know their roles and position. Smoove doesn't know what postion he plays or his role. Good teams have calm players and SMoove is exact opposite of that, he is out of control type of player that will be inconsistent throughout of his career.

Quote:

How so, Nique an legend, Smoove sucks. That's like the T'wolves trading Garnett and saying trading Randy Foye is on that level.

Trading J. Smith (I hate the "Smoove" nick) wouldn't be smart without giving him a shot under another head coach who makes him play hard and within himself every game, if not every possession. It's hard to judge players under this regime...

His main issues are with maturity, discipline, and effort -- the jumpshot, ball-handling, and offensive skill will come gradually but a halfway decent HC would make him worth a near-max deal, especially considering his PR potential.

Quote:

Quote:

How so, Nique an legend, Smoove sucks. That's like the T'wolves trading Garnett and saying trading Randy Foye is on that level.

Well, if you actually paid attention to the words, you would see that I said NEXT to trading 'Nique. Therefore, I wasn't putting it on the same level, but it would be the dumbest move they've ever made since trading 'Nique, unless you want to throw in passing on CP3 and Deron Williams.

You cannot trade Jsmoove. That's final. From a front office financial standpoint, he is going to sell a bunch of tickets because people want to see the sick slam dunks. From a team standpoint Josh a lot of the times make guys around him better. Teams have to respect his ability to drive and jump and if he can really get his dishing under control teams will have to respect him that much more. Once he gets can add a jumpshot to his repertoire, he will unstoppable. He loves the A, and whether people like to admit it or not, Hawksquawk and fans love him.

Yeah he makes some boneheaded plays and tries to take on too much, but remember he's ONLY 21. Yeah 21. Watch out

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WHY?

His contract is up and he will want big money. Marvin has 1 more year left on his cheap rookie deal, you can't bring any good players because he doesn't make a lot to match the contracts and he is still unproven. We will trade Marvin next offseason ih he doesn't pan out.

You have to look to improve the team and not just trade who u don't like first. Good teams have players who know their roles and position. Smoove doesn't know what postion he plays or his role. Good teams have calm players and SMoove is exact opposite of that, he is out of control type of player that will be inconsistent throughout of his career.

I agree with you about the roles on this team but I think that is a mike woodson thing more so than the players. How can you have a role when your coach has some of the worst offensive sets ever? Yes he makes mistakes but he also makes up for it with his shot blocking ability and presence to opposing offenses. Have you ever noticed how teams are more confident driving to the basket when he is on the bench? At least he has shown flashes that he can be a very productive player on this team. Marvin had one 30 point game this season and doesn't even have three point range. Not to mention the guy dissapears to often. Marvin, ZaZa and Bibby are the players I would trade to get a bonafide player in here to help this team.

I think we all can agree that Speedy needs to retire and let insurance cover much of his contract!!!!!!

Unless the Hawks plan to keep using Al at the 5 then either Smith moves to the bench or to the 3 (where he can't play) so while I'm not a fan of trading Smith unless we get a very good young player it definitely cannot be ruled out.

Quote:

If the HAWKS trade Smoove they can expect their attendence to go back to what it was before these last 2 playoff games. I'll admit Smoove sucked today. Just painful too watch. But you can't give up on him.

And you'd have to change your screen name.