• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This deal blows

Admin

• Premium Member

Really...

I don't consider Grob for Stephen Jackson a good trade at all.

However, Play... I doubt we sign anyone of significance.

We probably sign Porter or Benjamin or Both.

The thing you guys keep repeated if FREED up MOney.

There has BEEN Nothing freed up.

Brandon could decide that he wants to give it a try. IF so, we got nothing but an injury prone PG for Big Dog.

Even if he doesn't give it a try... This franchise is NOT going into luxury tax. What that means is they WON'T resign JT and USE the MCE... Do the math my friend. JT would have to sign on for 6 Million after we get 1 other player at Min... That's not going to happen.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Diesel,

I am certainly one you can't call out. We will hurt for a while from this transaction, but this doesn't indicate that this is a poor trade.

We needed to make this move. Big Loaf does little for us. I doubt his 21 PPG will be overly missed, as he more oft than not, let his man score 20. His offense was a wash.

Will he work out in Philli? I doubt it. I don't think there is an arena with enough balls for those two. Iverson has issues sharing the spotlight. But, it doesn't mean that on paper they wouldn't be dynamic. If somehow it translates to reality, then they will be a double-barrelled tandem. Also, just because Big Load has success in Philli doesn't mean he would have had success here, without Iverson. There are too many variables.

Which brings it to the Hawks. The dividends of this manuever will not be evident immediately. They may never materialize, it depends a lot on management. What their long term game-plan is. So, I wouldn't call it a poor trade until the cards have been completely played and a year isn't the length of time to evaluate this trade.

Play.

• Premium Member

I honestly think Kasten is behind this.

If you've done your reading, Knight hasn't been able to do anything but talk to the media.

Like I told you the other day, I believe that this deal dictates that we make only the moves that will save money. That means that we will trade for ending contracts. I am convinced that McDavid doesn't have deep pockets, but that he is interested in using the Hawks to Make Money by streamlining everything.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

Also, just because Big Load has success in Philli doesn't mean he would have had success here, without Iverson.

I won't let you lay down this excuse. All Year long, You and others have talked about the flaws of Big Dog. However if Big Dog goes somewhere else and finds success... IF he returns to 21/7/47%/2t.o. then we have to really look at ourselves. Scientifically, that's what must be done. IF he worked in both Mil and Phi but had career lows here, then it's not him. IF he returns to Allstar form in Phil then that suggests that we used him Wrong OR that we were part of the cause. I think that's very possible being that Iverson, McKie, and Snow are all ball handlers. Actually, I expect the 76er to try to make another deal soon... Maybe for Sheed? The point is that if he does return to consistent play that he is known for, we have to start to look at us...

Diesel,

I could really care less if we resign JT. It means one season played in a virtual Hades, but I could survive.

This season is a wash anyhow you slice it.

With Big Loaf... we go nowhere.

Without Big Loaf... we pretty much go nowhere.

With JT ... we go nowhere.

Without JT ... we go nowhere.

It's a wash. No one expects us to do anything. So, why disappoint? Lottery might be nice.

As for the trade of Big Log, the Hawks won't do the deal for Brandon unless he signs a release. No one is that dumb. I hope.

So, the loss of both of those guys wouldn't break my heart. Sure, the season would be EXTREMELY painful, but the coming years might be interesting.

Play.

Diesel,

There is no excuse.

Big Load could have a career year in Philly, and I still wouldn't want him on my team.

It still wouldn't mean that he would fit in our system or with our group our players. It still wouldn't mean he could dribble or pass or defend. It still wouldn't mean that he isn't a criminal.

Basically, I could care less what happens to him or with his stat line. I don't like his game. Period. It is one-dimensional and no stat line will ever erase that.

Besides, your logic is that both Atlanta and Philly have the same system and bunch of players. Even if Clog returns to All-Star form and exceeds it... it doesn't indicate his game is good. It means his cast supports his style. In order to do this, one must have the right crew... we obviously did not... and the only way to get them would be to trade half the team.

Clog is a bum. Pure and simple. A bum who can shoot, but a bum. If his shot was as good as even a decent player... like .... Rasheed... he wouldn't be in this league.

Play.