• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How about some form of Marvin for Tayshaun Prince?

DavidSomerset

Not sure if we'd have to add in the rights to Anderson or what, but man, putting him at SF would make us SO much better.

He is a great defender, and a very good 3 point shooter...The lack of 3 pt shooting from the SF position really hurt us this year, IMO.

He's also got great experience...He annoys the hell out of me, but I'd love to have him.

Quote:

And now compare it with josh childress' 3 point percentage...

You are right, but he can make shots with hand in his face. If he shoots only when he is way open like Chillz does than he would shoot 60%.

Pistons would never do that trade. Marvin is no Prince..Prince is a big reason for their success over the last few yrs. Marvin is a project so i dont see why Pistons would break that up for a average player. Marvin has potential but Prince is damn good. He is a better defender, ball handler, and shooter than MW..dont see it happen. Only way we get Prince is giving up JSMooth and I dont wanna give him up yet. But i would give JSmooth up for Melo-for those of you who were interested in Marvin and filler for Melo

Quote:

Pistons wouldn't do that trade and neither should we.

Marvin is 5 years younger. Funny how everyone complains about Chris Paul trade because Marvin Williams may only have to play at a Tayshaun Prince level for us to win a championship one day.

We most likely wont win a championship until we have a guy they plays on Chis Paul's level.

• Moderators

Quote:

LMAO prince is not a better shooter than marvin!!!
smack.gif

Prince is a much better 3pt shooter than anyone on our team other than JJ and Bibby.

As for Marvin v. Prince, Marvin's EFG% on jumpers was 40.8%

http://www.82games.com/0708/07ATL10A.HTM

Prince's EFG% on jumpers was 41.9%

http://www.82games.com/0708/07DET11A.HTM

Marvin may end up a better perimeter shooter but it is Prince who delivers better results right now. Nice smacking icon, though. It does a good job trying to replace actual data.