• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tonight was supposed to be the Suns big night

WraithSentinel

Tonight is the draft lottery. Last year we were in it with like a 30% chance to get a top 3 pick or something like that. We got a top 3 pick which was lucky.

He is referring to us not being in the lottery because that means the Suns did not get a lottery pick, although at 15 it is basically a lottery pick if you consider 14 a lotter pick.

• Moderators

Quote:

He is referring to us not being in the lottery because that means the Suns did not get a lottery pick, although at 15 it is basically a lottery pick if you consider 14 a lotter pick.

The difference for me between what we are giving up and a lottey pick is that you always have a chance to get an absolute franchise player by lucking out and winning the lottery (see Orlando). That would have been a crushing blow to Hawks fans to miss the playoffs and then see our lottery pick finally come up against the odds -- and then see it go to the Suns. I am MUCH happier knowing that we are losing the 15th pick without any chance to lose Derrick Rose, etc.

The way I see it is post-lottery, everyone still refers to the top 14 picks as a "lottery pick" which technically they are. But for me, it isn't necessarily indicative of talent difference. A difference between picks around 1-4 is greater than 5-8, 9-12, or 13-16.

The chance is still there with a 10-14 position, but those are very imporbable so I find it to be irrelevant with those particular lottery picks.

• Moderators

Quote:

The chance is still there with a 10-14 position, but those are very imporbable so I find it to be irrelevant with those particular lottery picks.

Irrelevant unless it comes back to bite you! I agree with your whole post but even 1% odds still would fill me with some fear if we were in the lottery. 1 out of 100 is highly improbable but it is not so unlikely that we wouldn't expect to see it happen for picks 10-14 at some every other decade or so. You just know it would be us when we least expect it!

• Moderators

Quote:

Chicago was 9th so that was pretty close.