• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Dolfan Challenge....

Diesel

You never stipulated MPG in your original post. Irregardless, Hedo has had just as much PT as Marvin has had since 2005. The point I'm making is that more than one All-Star caliber has taken more than 6 years to develop. I honestly don't even think Marvin will take 6 years, because he's really a handle and some conditioning away from atleast being on Hedo's level. He is a player who had no basketball experience (if I recall correctly) before playing at UNC, and who was considered to be a 3-5 year project. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not particularly impressed by his progress, but because he plays good man-to-man defense and has good form on his jumpshot, I believe he'll be good.

• Premium Member

my orignal post..

Quote:

Dolfan... Or anybody for that matter...

Can you point to 1 Sf that took 6 years of development???

What Sf was in the pros well into his 2nd contract before he became an impact player?
And was he playing the minutes that 6 year Marvin is playing??

Yeah, I stipulated time, because I know that there are players who never got to play more than 10 mpg until their 5th year and then they had a "breakout season".

About Hedo. Not only did his PT change, but his role changed.

In SacTown, he played behind: Mike Bibby, Chris Webber, Peja, Bobby Jackson, and Doug Christie. He was a 6th or 7th option.

In San Anton, he played behind: Tony Parker, Tim Duncan, Ginobili, and alongside Horry. He was 4th to 5th option.

In Orlando, it wasn't until Francis and Hill left that he has been allowed to move up to 3rd option. And moving up to 2nd/3rd option has all the sudden revealed that he's a good player.

Well, Marvin hasn't had that problem. Marvin was a 3rd option since he's been here. In fact, Marvin defers to everybody else. It's his personality. He has always defered. Hedo on the other hand is a star in Turkey playing for Efes Pilsen Spor Kulübü . He's the top player to ever play for a Turkey team and that includes favorites like Scoonie Penn or Cenk Akyol or Predrag Drobnjak.