• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Trade of the Day.

JT/Toni to LAC for Brand/McInnis (SNT)

Why this trade works...

Theo/Brand/SAR/DJ/McInnis.

works for me.

We have a 20/10 guy at PF and SF.

We have a PG who can score but will be spelled by DD too.

LAC gets experience and a PG.

With all those PFs, they just drafted, and Brand's contract... I think they'd do it.

I would do that deal but I don't think LAC would. The only usable part they get is JT because Kukoc won't start over Odom or Miles. So it comes down to Jt for Brand. I like Jt but I don't think he can pull Brand at this time in his career. Most people don't like to trade Big exceptional talent for small talent.

Why would they do that when they will likely get Miller (or Davis) for Odom, Wilcox and Ely? Brand is a proven All Star, what has Wilcox or Ely proven? Would you rather have:

Olowokandi

Wilcox

Odom

Richardson

Terry

or

Olowokandi

Brand

Miles

Richardson

Miller (or Davis)

I'd definitely take the latter, particularly when LAC has proven that they can win without Odom.

First off,

IF they could trade for Miller, Don't you think it would have been done by now?? Sure, he's on the trading Block, but Cleveland is just as likely to send him to GS for Jamison, Minn for Wally, or some of these other deals floating around.

If you have a "proven Allstar" there already??

Especially when your need is Shooting and PG.

Trace said:

In reply to:

Why would they do that when they will likely get Miller (or Davis) for Odom, Wilcox and Ely? Brand is a proven All Star, what has Wilcox or Ely proven?

Surely you have read all about that screw up by now. They aren't going to trade Brand. If they do, look for a mass exodus out of LA by all of their young talent as soon as they are all eligible. Trading Brand will symbolize that Sterling is back to his cheap ways and completely destroy any momentum he has built up with Clippers fans. I'll never say never with the Clips but trading Brand for JT ain't gonna happen.