• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How would you fill the last 2 roster spots?

Blunt91

Assuming we resign Jason Terry to a deal this would only leave 3roster spots on the team. so with this in mind I have a list of guys who we could sign but you can only pick 3 of them.

Dion Glover,Dermarr Johnson, Jon Barry, Stephen Jackson, Jumaine Jones, Corey Benjamin, Chris Porter, Jacque Vaughn, Kenny Anderson, Jim Jackson, and Hanno Mottola.

I think that we still need some insurance at pg postion because I do not trust Dickau. Now we can either sign a 3rd pg like Andeson or Vaughn or we can get a Sg who can handle the ball enough to bring it up court if need be. I would try to sign Stephen Jackson, Jon Barry and Jacque Vaughn. I think these 3 would certainly give this team some depth. I don't know if Stephen Jackson will be asking too much if so then I would go with Glover, Jon Barry and Jacque Vaughn. In all honesty I don't think Dermarr will be back. Snaggle seems to think Dion will not be back but Billy Knight has mention his name as a possible option to sign,but nothing about Dermarr has been said. It might be best that Dermarr has a change of scenary although I don't think he will be signed period unless a team has a injury during the season and they call him up to fill someone's spot.2nd option would be not to sign Vaughn and grab a Bigman C/PF sinced Jon Barry is a sg who can handle the rock a little we might not need a 3rd pg.

pg Jason Terry sgStephen Jackson/DionGlover sf Boris Diaw pf Rahim C Ratiliff.

Bench: pg DanDickau SG Jon Barry Sf Chris Crawford pf Alan Henderson C Nazr Mohammed pg Jacque Vaughn SG Travis Hansen. Does that sound like a solid lineup??

pg Terry, sg Jackson, sf Boris Diaw, Pf Rahim C Ratliff

Bench pg Dickau sg Barry/Hansen sf Chris Crawford pf Henderson C Nazr Mohammed

Jones is a better defender and his more athletic.

Can we pickup Jones and Barry?Sorry,Hansen needs

to sit on the bench.

JT/Dickau

Jones/Barry/Hansen

Diaw/Jones/Hansen/CC

SAR/Hendu/Trent

Theo/Nazr

• Premium Member

I would first look to trade Theo...

However, under the parameters you gave:

JT/Dickau

Hansen/Diaw

CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

I have three positions to fill.

1. I would look to Jim Jackson. Sorry. I don't trust Diaw. Jackson is a guy who can score, he can handle the ball, but most of all he's a three point threat.

2. Secondly, I would see if Kenny Anderson would take a vet Min. I doubt that he would because Boston would probably give him a full MCE. However, if Kenny turns us down, I would take Vaughn back. We need a solid player at PG.. TO back up JT and to play beside JT. Anderson first then Vaughn.

3. Lastly, I would offer a vet min to DJ. For no other reason but potential and the fact that he's athletic and long.

IN the end:

JT/Anderson/Dickau

Jackson/Hansen

DJ/Diaw/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

The SF position will be a dogfight. I don't know how good DJ is neither do I know much about Diaw. However, I really like the possibility of getting Jackson back. We need a consistent three point threat.

Sometimes, we go to a Shooters lineup of:

Anderson/JT/JJ/SAR/Theo...

A Anderson/JT backcourt will not work.

If Anderson was a few inches taller it wouldn't be

so bad and might actually be a playoff team with

that lineup.

I dont understand why everyone is in love with Jumaine Jones, I understand that he's from round here but he's not a very good basketball player. He's got terrible defense, his ball handling isnt that great, his stroke is ugly but he does hit some 3s.

Jim Jackson is someone i'd love to have. Someone said that Jones is a better defender but thats nowhere close to being true. Jackson is a much better defender. His shot is wet. He's strong and that helps his post D and rebounding. He can pass the ball well and maybe most importantly handle the ball well.

I'd definately look to bring in a backup PG as well. I dont like Anderson at all, but Vaughn doesnt bring too much to the table. I'd probably take vaughn though just because he's not the type of player thats going to hurt the team, he wont help too much though.

Bringing DJ back is a neccessity.

Those are the 3 I'd take if I could only have 3. I'd love to bring in Stephen Jackson, he's the person I would want most. But he'd cost a lot of money and I'm not sure how many quality players would play for the minimum in Atlanta. If we do end up getting Stephen Jackson though, I'd be ecstatic.

The team needs to have a player like Jon Barry on the team, but thats why they drafted Hansen. Therefore, I dont think I'd want to bring in Barry, if we already have a guy we want to play his role. Barry plays tough and intense defensively, although he's not that great a defender. His 3 is wet and he can play the 1 or 2.

Heard Jon Barry was going to sign with the Pacers. So there goes that option.

16 NBA Teams To Pay "Luxury" Tax (7-27-03).

www.hoopsworld.com/article_4689.shtmlhttp://www.hoopsworld.com/article_4689.shtml

The Indiana Pacers are reportedly ready to ink Jon Barry to a 4-year $10 million deal. Barry a free agent of the Pistons has been shopping for a new team, and after a “promising” visit to the Indiana, it seems both sides have reached a deal. Its expected Barry will be announced sometime next week.

I don;t understand why Stephen Jackson is looked at

as a good prospect.He only looked like a average player

next to Duncan as it is.The samething you accuse Jones

of is actually Jacksons flaws.

Is he a good ball handler?No

Good defender?No

and his shot is inconsisant.

He appears to want more than a 10PPG player deserves.

JJ...We've been down that road and it didn't work.

out of the 3 (him, Jones, Jackson) IMO.

but i think there were some troubles/miscommunication when he was here... i dont know what his attitude is about coming here to play.

but 1 thing we can give him...

1)we can start him... which means more playing time

2)more talent than the last time he was here. Correct me if im wrong but the last time he was here, he had old Mutombo + JT + Rider + Henderson. Now we have JT, Reef, Ratliff, + same old Henderson smile.gif

"but i think there were some troubles/miscommunication when he was here"

there were... and there were bigger troubles in portland and dallas I believe...

I'd rather have Stephen Jackson than Jim again... at least Jackson is 25...