• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

David Andersen signs with FC Barcelona.

mrhonline

• Moderators

Quote:

the Hawks are worried about going over the salary cap? money tight in Atlanta atm?

They will definitely be over the cap. The worry is about going over the luxury tax. Every team under the luxury tax gets millions from the league. In addition, teams over the tax pay a dollar for dollar penalty for those contracts so it can be quite costly to exceed the luxury tax.

At least this will stop all those ridiculous threads about how this guy was supposed to turn our team around. He is an unproven European player who looks softer than Gasol and wouldn't give us what we need......low post toughness/defense/rebounding/vet leadership.

Quote:

I read this on Davids website. looks like the management did put a any kind of verbal offer in before the July signing period.

David Andersen has signed 3-year contract with Barcelona. David was weighing up options for NBA with Atlanta this year as he was looking forward to the challenge of heading to the NBA, unfortunately with New management coming into the team and the task of re-signing some stars the timing was bad and David had to put things on hold.

"It was disappointing how things fell through with Atlanta this year, hopefully things will work out in the future." David said.

Ouch. I agree with what you said Seano. There are more ballplayers than you can count that would sell their mamas up the river for a chance to play in the league. If you aren't head-and-shoulders better than your peers, or you aren't somebody's cousin, brother, son, nephew, or friend, its a very difficult club to get into.

Sounds like this was out of David's hands, though. I am very disappointed in this news. I dont think DA was the savior by any stretch but I definitely think he could've helped. A big that could help stretch the floor would help this team immensely. I wish we could just cut Zaza and use his cap space to sign DA. If only NFL rules applied....