• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

B-Diddy Anyone?

phoostal

Baron Davis just opted out of his contract, making him a free agent. Don't know if that helps us or hurts us, just passing on the info. Would love for the Hawks to get him though.

P

Quote:

Baron Davis just opted out of his contract, making him a free agent. Don't know if that helps us or hurts us, just passing on the info. Would love for the Hawks to get him though.

P

It helps. No team has enough money to pay Smith AND another elite player (accept maybe the Clippers now that the entire team has opted out). So any team bidding for Baron most likely can't bid for Smith and probably not for Childress either. They are all competing for a limited amount of free agent dollars, so the more top-notch players are available, the more likely Smith and Chill will find their ways back home (at an acceptable price).

And IMHO, the Clippers need to back up the Brinks truck and go after Baron Davis. Davis, Eric Gordon, Al Thornton and Chris Kaman is a good nucleus. Steal an energy guy like Turiaf away from their roommate and they could have an entertaining club next season.

Then if you are saying that, I would assume Clippers can sign and trade Brand. But, unrestricted free agents can't be signed and trade. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm right. Will find out soon enough.

P

If that is the case, we should be calling Golden State tomorrow. I think we can all agree Davis is a better fit than Bibby.

P

Bibby/Marvin for BDiddy/Azubuike?

I doubt GS goes for that, though, since they just drafted Randolph as likely the SF of the future and they already have Wright/Biedrins up front. I'd exchange Childress for Marvin since he is a SG/SF but GS might not see that as as much value.

UFA Can absolutely be signed and traded BY THEIR OWN CLUB. The Clippers can sign and trade Brand, the Warriors can sign and trade Baron. Now obviously we cannot sign and trade one of those guys because they are not our players. The Clippers dont have cap room quite yet. Brand and Mags wont be off their cap until they get dealt, sign elsewhere, or if the Clips renounce the rights to them. The Clips dont have the match rights that we have with Chills and Smoove but they do have the right to offer more money and more years to those guys if they chose, than any other team can. If the Clips renounce Mags and Brand they should have a shyyt load to throw at Smoove.

Any deal involving Mike Bibby for Baron Davis the warriors should seriously consider.They get a veteran to play alongside Monta Ellis and can trade him at the deadline if need be. GS is not in the driver seat in this situation. All they can do is hope they can get any good value in return for B Diddy. Seeing there isn't alot of cap space available I bet that trade with the Pistons is sounding pretty good to Mullin right now. It would be up to teams pursuing Davis to come to an agreement on a contract. Then Baron could sign with GS and be traded for a Billups and Rasheed.

Why would the Warriors want Marvin if they already have Wright and Randolph?

Quote:

bibby/smith for bdavis/biedrins

I want to see how well Smoove would play with a PG who can consistently beat his man off the dribble. If the Hawks came to terms with Davis then I would send Bibby for him straight up if it worked capwise. We can always throw in speedy or ZaZa to make it work under the cap if need be.