• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Uh oh. Elton Brand pulled a fast one on the Clips

I just got done watching ESPN. They were saying that Elton Brand was the one that started the negotiations to bring Baron Davis to the Clippers. Mike Dunleavy was on the phone and said that Elton came up with idea and that Elton was the one that started saying that he'd take less money to play with Baron so that the numbers would work. They pretty much had a deal in place, and Baron thought that he was going to the Clippers in order to play with Elton Brand, being that it was all Elton's idea. Mike Dunleavy thought it was a done deal. At the last minute, Elton Brand pulled out and signed a deal with the 76ers for only about $1 million dollars more over the life of the contract. So, basically, the Clippers offered him the same amount of money as the 76ers. With that being said and the truth coming out, I can really see the Clippers making a strong, strong push for Josh Smith. I just hope the ASG is ready to open up their wallets so that the Hawks can keep Smith. The longer this offseason goes, the more worried I'm getting about Smith being retained as a Hawk.

Quote:

I am skeptical about that. Did the Clippers really offer Brand $81/million over 5 years? I haven't read anything about that.

You can be skeptical about it all you want, but as I said earlier, they had Mike Dunleavy on ESPN TV this morning talking about it. Therefore, you probably haven't read about it being that Mike Dunleavy just called into ESPN this morning. Dunleavy said that they tried to bypass Brand's agent and just work a deal with him, and he said that Brand was cool with it, but then Brand just went AWOL after Baron Davis was signed, and nobody on the team or any of his friends could reach him. I seriously doubt that Dunleavy is lying about something like that. That kind of thing is too easily verifiable.

Quote:

Dunleavy said that they tried to bypass Brand's agent

That was the problem right there. David Falk didn't like that.

The Clipps original offer was 5 years $70 million. When Philly offered $82 million i am sure Falk urged him to take it. If the Clipps did up their offer to $81 million i would bet that Falk didn't let Brand know about it.

You know, given the situation, I wonder if there is an opportunity. The Clips can't be happy, Baron can't be happy. Makes me wonder, is there any way we could think about a trade for Davis, so the Clips could try to salvage something out of this morass?

Quote:

You know, given the situation, I wonder if there is an opportunity. The Clips can't be happy, Baron can't be happy. Makes me wonder, is there any way we could think about a trade for Davis, so the Clips could try to salvage something out of this morass?

lmao uh NO

Who was it that got the Warriors to the second round against the Mavs? Stephen Jackson? Al Harrington? Those two didn't get us very far in the playoffs.

Davis carried a nothing team on his shoulders, and on the backs of a wild home crowd.