• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel Stringing together some REAL RUMORS....

Diesel

• Premium Member

The word on the blocks is that Theo is on the blocks. Knight's proclaimation only was meant to stir up the pot for better offers.

There are a few which come to mind just reading the press.

GS is shopping Fortson and Dampiere... This is where I start. Together they represent about 13.2 Million dollars. MY thought:

Theo/CC to GS for Fortson/Dampiere.

Well, Fortson doesn't help our Cause. We are in the need of a SG or a SF...

Well, Billy Knight wants Fortson too. It's been said that he's offering McKie and Could be willing to part with SNOW. NOW to me, that's interesting.

First let's think about McKie...

If we sent Fortson to Philly for McKie and say McCakskil, we would have:

JT/Diaw/McKie/SAR/Dampiere.

BUT... You know Mckie has some age on him. He's not what he used to be... More interesting to me is the thought of getting Snow...

So say Fortson goes for Snow/Monty Williams...

Snow/JT/?/SAR/Dampiere..

That question mark means, it could be Diaw (201 pounds is not that impressive) it could be Williams (more likely).

The second Bidder for Fortson is Strangely enough Memphis. I don't really know why, they just got out of a situation of too many PFs. Some say that they would part with BK... Some said Swift (I can't imagine). However, in my mind, I say... What about Battier..

In fact, i would take Battier/Humphrey for Fortson... And Leave Swift there as trade bait for McKie (who West wants also?).

In that scenerio, Atlanta would have:

JT/Diaw/Battier/SAR/Dampiere. I think Gray Mule has called Billy Knight....

The last scenerio to this deal...

Dallas.

Dallas doesn't want Fortson. But they may be interested in Dampiere. IN fact, Dallas would possibly trade Lafrentz for Dampiere Straight up if the numbers could match... They are about 1 million off.

I could come up with a way to make it work... BUT I kinda don't like Lafrentz more than Dampiere. I think Damp would be a perfect compliment to Reef. I think Damp can rebound well and block shots when he wants to.

So I guess the best scenerio based on Rumors:

Hawks Send Theo/CC to GS.

GS send Fortson to Memphis.

Memphis sends Swift to Philly.

Memphis gets McKie

Atlanta gets Dampiere/Humphreys/Battier.

Atlanta's new lineup:

JT/Dickau

Diaw/Hansen

Battier/Humphrey

SAR/Hendu

Damp/Nazr

We would need 2 players:

DJ/another PF.

BTW, it is also rumored that Glover is being targeted by Denver. Glover, Jackson, and Barry are on the short list. I think KiKi will go with the Cheapest which means Glover.

• Admin

my report of DJ signing with the Grizz still stands. My source, as of yesterday, still insisted that DJ has an offer on the table from Memphis and is only waiting to sign, presumably, for a potential offer from the Hawks.

I know some here felt that it wasn't going to happen. But my source still insists that the offer is there and the only thing holding it up right now is DJ signing the papers. My source could be wrong, anything is possible. But if you give me the choice of following internet speculation or listening to one of the "10 most powerful people in basketball", I'll go with the latter. smile.gif

The Hawks management needs to get off their hands and make some moves though. We've already made ourselves look weak this off-season and honestly, losing DJ is the least of my worries. We need to do something.

I havent called, not yet any way. If you could get me

his phone number -----

Or, maybe he just reads Hawksquawk!! You never know.

If Billy Knight wants my opinion, all he has to do is check

here -- I like your idea on that one 'cause Hawks get

my man Battier.

With your lineup we could go after Stephen Jackson

and a backup big man.

JT/Diaw/Battier/Shareef/Dampier is actually not that

bad for East standards if we are still a player for the

FA's in two years.I'd go with that lineup for two years

then hopefully have some cash to pickup a good player

then we'd be set to go.

• Premium Member

I don't know Chillz... It doesn't make sense.

The truth is that they have:

Miller/Battier/Persons/Dickerson/Jones already in the 2-3 position... Humphrey is a bit of a tweener at 3-4 but he plays 3 for the most part.

The word on the street is that Memphis wants to sign...

Batiste and Theron Smith Really Badly.

West is trying to part with Lo, Dickerson, Swift, Knight, and Williams in order to create room for Batiste and Smith who both can play SF.

Does that leave room for Dj? NOT really. From everything I see, memphis needs a C in the worst way. Especially if they want to dish Lo.

Theo for Lo/Battier/Humphrey anyone...

However, I won't comment on your sources credibility til midseason.. But for now, it seems UNLIKELY.