• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Glenn Rice, Jr. likes Ga. Tech

coachx

Quote:

Paul Hewitt is quietly putting a solid class together and if he gets Mfon Udofia and Derrick Favors GT will be one of the top teams in the country for the 09-10 season.

Iman Shumpert, Derrick Favors, and Glen Rice Jr. would make Tech one of the toughest teams in the ACC. Not to mention Gani Lawal will play much better with a guard like Shumpert.

GT could have a really nasty class for 09'. Although we have 7 schollies available it is likely we will only use 6 maximum. The 6th being for Derrick Favors.

Brian Oliver (Committed)

Kammeon Holsey (Committed)

Mfon Udofia (Top 3 of GT, UVA and Wake)

Derrick Favors (Supposedly prefers to stay in state but everyone is coming after him)

Kenny Boynton (Top 3 of GT, Duke, FLA)

Glen Rice Jr. (Top 3 of GT, FSU and MIA)

Noel Johnson (Top 3 of GT, LOU and MEM)

Assuming we can all of our top targets (big but possible assumption), our 6 signees would be from this list. I could see us finishing with Oliver/Holsey/Favors/Johnson/Udofia/Rice which would be a top 5 or so caliber class.

Either Noel Johnson or Brian Oliver may start at the SF their freshman year becasue DeAndre Bell is leaving after this year but Lance Storrs may play his way into it this year. As for Derrick Favors everyone knows he wants to stay in state and from what I hear UGA has fallen off Derricks radar, not to the extent that he still wouldn't go there, but whoever gets him is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

This starting lineup would be as good as anyone in the country

Moe Miller

Iman Shumpert

Noel Johnson/Brian Oliver

Gani Lawal

Derrick Favors

I'm a fan of Zach Peacock and I guarantee you as a senior he would give those frontcourt guys a run for their money. But, I agree, I'm excited about 09' but this year will be interesting, too. Mo Miller and Lawal have supposedly taken the reins as vocal leaders of the team. If Mo Miller continues to play like he did at the end of last season, Lawal has put on the bulk I heard he has and Shumpert is as advertised, we could be pretty competitive this year. Don't forget, Ra'Sean Dickey will be back and as much as he frustrates me with his lack of effort, he instantly becomes our best post player.

Quote:

The trick is to get really good players but not the great ones who will be gone in a year. He is putting together a bunch of athletes that will get up and down the floor. Love the style of play.

Other than Derrick Favors the only players that Coach Hewitt seems to be recruiting this year should be there for at least two years. The style of play is really fun to watch but we need to be a little better defensively because it doesn't seem like many teams in the ACC will be able to outscore Tech.

Quote:

Quote:

The trick is to get really good players but not the great ones who will be gone in a year. He is putting together a bunch of athletes that will get up and down the floor. Love the style of play.

Other than Derrick Favors the only players that Coach Hewitt seems to be recruiting this year should be there for at least two years. The style of play is really fun to watch but we need to be a little better defensively because it doesn't seem like many teams in the ACC will be able to outscore Tech.

Yeah. Derrick Favors is definitely a "one and done".