Wow they are still playing baseball

NJHAWK

Quote:

This game is showing just how much outstanding young pitching there is in the league. Lots of talented young hitters as well, but man this pitching in the big leagues now sure is as good as I remember it ever being.

Well they are more strict on steroids these days.

That may have something to do with it, but I think it has to do more with the way young pitchers are taught to pitch these days. They were talking earlier about how young kids are being taught the change up instead of the slider or curve since it reduces the strain on their arms and that is helping them to stay healthy and develop much faster. Plus it seems like a lot more teams are developing their kids instead of overpaying for older pitchers.

Not making excuses, ok I am making excuses lol. Lidge is not as good a pitcher in tie games. That walk killed him although if that were Burrell instead of Hart in rf I think he would have threw Morneu out. That was a weak throw.

They mentioned something about him growing up as a Yankees fan and his dad always wanting to see him play in Yankee stadium or something like that so maybe he was just nervous. He's usually a much better fielder than that.

Who would you rather have running your league, Selig or Stern?

I was really pissed that I watched that entire game and only got to see mcann play the last half inning. WTF was that?! Martin, who played well, caught 10 innings? come one. BS. fans vote on an EXTRA man. if someone is to be held out it should be him.

Quote:

I was really pissed that I watched that entire game and only got to see mcann play the last half inning. WTF was that?! Martin, who played well, caught 10 innings? come one. BS. fans vote on an EXTRA man. if someone is to be held out it should be him.

I'm with you. I'm convinced Hurdle was only going to use him if we were losing and needed to try the short porch or if we were waay up. Horrible use of probably the most cerebral hitter the NL had.

I was impressed with his attempted tag. He did all that he could.