• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

what I would do if I were McDavid,

coachx

Well first you need priorities. All owners have the same top 2 priorities: win and make a profit.

Winning more than last year will be difficult but not impossible.

In a perfect world the Hawks would resign JT and sign Stephen Jackson (if a bidding war is not involved for either player) and be competitive. In reality even with these guys we will win less than last year.

I would first try to fill some seats in Phillips and turn a profit or at least break even. That sounds impossible to do so with a losing team in Atlanta but not really.

Why not, sign Ralf Alston (yes the street ball legend). He played a year with the bucks its just that he is too flashy for George Karl or any other NBA coach. But flash is just what a boreing losing team needs to atlest make the games watchable and who knows we could be pleasently suprised with the results. Heck, if the Hawks are going to have another losing season atleast give the fans a playmaker who is fun to watch. Have a wide open style of game to benefit Terry, Alston, Diaw, and hopefully Jackson or DJ and just watch some fancy passes on the break from Alston and Diaw since the season is in the tank anyway.

So ya, I'd sign Alston and any other scrub who could be labled "fun to watch by kids" b/c heck if we want the leagues worst record what better way to do it. Try to gain some young fans even if all they care about is looking good rather then winning. Heck, look at all the Clipper fans (they are as bad as us but have (had) some exciting high flyers to rejuvenate the fan base.

This leads up to the point.

Supposedly next year 1st pick will be high school kid from Atlanta. Sound familiar, a homecoming could be in place for next years LeBron James b/c lets face it, that is what it will take to reassert this franchise with the city of Atlanta. If we are close to the last place record in the league before the trade deadline trade Theo and sit JT and Reef and lose every freaking game b/c that is what it will take to get the superstar this team needs

The name is Rafer Alston. But regardless I wouldn't sign him. First of all he hasn't played flashy in the NBA, nor should he. Yes he has And1 street cred but he has kept it under control in the NBA to try to prove he's a real player. You can't carry or double dribble in the nba, much less bounce the ball of other players. Moreover we have JT at the point and we need to find out if DD will develop into a starting quality PG. If so he should start showing signs this year. PG is the only position that I don't really want to pick up players if we re-sign JT (except for bench warmers in case of injury). So sign rafer if you want but don't play him much .

I do agree about bringing excitement though, but Rafer ain't it. That's why I'm pissed that they let Newble go, he was one of the few fan favorites.

As far as losing it all if we're that close to the bottom of the standings past the all-star break, I say why not. But if we pick up a high schooler, once again you have to realize that it'll take him a while to produce, and we'd be pushing re-building a couple more years back. That's why I still don't think we should trade Theo unless we get a real good deal.

I still think we could make the playoffs assuming JT re-signs and we get 2 swingmen like one of the Jacksons and DJ or Glove