• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Comments on the new forum system

Admin

Quote:

That may be something that I can add, I'm still going through mods that I can do. I'm thinking about shutting down the Squawk this evening to make the switch so by late tonight we should all be on the new site.

That's good to hear.

Just wondering though, are you done with all the editing of the forum design itself? Not that I'm trying to be picky, I'm just wondering if we will (Because I think we can change it to that secondary Hawks logo) change this icon in the forum...

wink.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

You're saying change that quote looking icon to the Hawks head? Like what we are using the Hawksquawk logo?

Well I'm not sure what the Hawksquawk logo is. Is it the one in the bottom of the forum? I was thinking maybe using some sort of Hawks logo (I wasn't trying to be precise) and make it so that if it's showing, there's new posts, and lower the opacity for the forum to show 'no new posts'. Kinda like what we do here with the red 'mail' icon.

If it's too much of a problem, or if you don't get what I'm saying then forget about it. I like the way the new forum looks already. It might mess up if you change something about it. That's how I was always like when I used to make sigs. I'd never be satisfied enough with the final outcome and I'd keep changing things around and before I know it, the sig gets worse than it was before. lol

I'm liking the new forum look, Dolfan. The features that I've always craved for these forums to have are now here. Indicators that you've posted in a certain topic, new posts, etc. :D

I'm not really feelin' the "Time Spent on Forum". Kinda freaks me out, but that's just me. Other than that, you did a good job making this look almost exactly like the previous forum. Kudos, Dolfan.

Edit: (I LOVE how I can edit my posts whenever now. That was a pain in the previous forums) Is it possible to have the quick reply feature on these forums? Also, there seems to be a problem? with the 'New Posts' feature on top of the page. I posted a reply to this topic and it recorded it as a new post. However, it keeps showing up as a new post. When I visit the topic and read the post, shouldn't it be recorded as an 'old' post and not show up as '1 New Posts' on top of the forum page?

Thanks.

I'm liking the new forum look, Dolfan. The features that I've always craved for these forums to have are now here. Indicators that you've posted in a certain topic, new posts, etc. :D

I'm not really feelin' the "Time Spent on Forum". Kinda freaks me out, but that's just me. Other than that, you did a good job making this look almost exactly like the previous forum. Kudos, Dolfan.

Edit: (I LOVE how I can edit my posts whenever now. That was a pain in the previous forums) Is it possible to have the quick reply feature on these forums? Also, there seems to be a problem? with the 'New Posts' feature on top of the page. I posted a reply to this topic and it recorded it as a new post. However, it keeps showing up as a new post. When I visit the topic and read the post, shouldn't it be recorded as an 'old' post and not show up as '1 New Posts' on top of the forum page?

Thanks.

There may be some issues with replying to threads that have been brought over from the old boards.

Not sure if you're working on it or anything at the time of this post, but right now, the new posts thing just disappeared. :huh:

Yep that's a mod that apparently doesn't work correctly with this newest version of the forum software so I removed it. I'll look for a working version at some point in the future.

Yep that's a mod that apparently doesn't work correctly with this newest version of the forum software so I removed it. I'll look for a working version at some point in the future.

Did some diggin' around, and I found out that the 'View New Posts' feature works when you change the layout to 'IPB Classic Blue'.

Did some diggin' around, and I found out that the 'View New Posts' feature works when you change the layout to 'IPB Classic Blue'.

Yep I found out where I messed up, I forgot to change one template bit. It's back to the default working state now.

Dolfan, what is with the timestamp for this site? I have it set to Eastern Time (although it says Bogota, Lima so the DST might be off) and it seems to be off by 2 hours. When I had it set to the regular one then it is 2 hours ahead. Is there a certain time zone I need to set it to to have Eastern Time Zone?

Dolfan, what is with the timestamp for this site? I have it set to Eastern Time (although it says Bogota, Lima so the DST might be off) and it seems to be off by 2 hours. When I had it set to the regular one then it is 2 hours ahead. Is there a certain time zone I need to set it to to have Eastern Time Zone?

I am really not sure, every time I adjust it to get it to the correct server time in the admin for the Eastern Time Zone and then I come back later it's still set the same but shows a different time. Libid mentioned that this is a bug in Invision so that's the only thing I can think of. I have posted a trouble ticket for it so hopefully it can be corrected soon.

Sorry for the annoyance.

I'm a huge fan of the new forum software. Great job, guys. Quick question, can we search within a specific thread or within one or more forums?

You can search within a specific thread. In order to do so, go to the topic itself and on the bottom left somewhere above the user list, there should be a text box where it says "Enter Keywords", and that searches the topic for you.

As for searching within the forums itself, you can do so by clicking "Search" on the top right page, and it should take you to the search engine. Click the forum or sub-forum you'd like to search in, and enter what you're looking for above it, and it should come out with the results. I don't believe you can search more than one forum at the same time though, you'll have to search in them one by one.

Edited by Libid21

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The new 'Similar Topics' part of the forum unnecessarily extends the page IMO. Just another one of my billion rants.

I want to leave it on here for a while to see how accurate it is. I am hoping that it can be very useful in finding older posts on the same subject.

You can minimize it and it should stay that way so you won't see it extending the page.