• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Playoffs

With the New York Knicks making an off season move that will make them better, Alonzo Mourning trying to get back to his old form in Miami, and the Bucks ready to get back to playoff form are the Hawks really good enough to make the playoffs this year. I mean, i'm just as much a fan as everyone else, but there are a lot of teams in the east that are getting stronger (although not strong enough to challenge anyone in the west). I feel that we have talent but I also feel we have some question marks. I hope i'm wrong, but it looks like some of us might be in for some disappointment next year.

• Admin

With the addition of Theo (I consider him an addition) and DD not to mention the improvment of DJ, JT at the point along with the team playing together for a year we will be a much stronger presence in the East. This will be an interesting season in the EAST because there is no clear cut team that will make the playoffs. The only team right now that I am counting out of the playoffs is Cleveland. I don't think they are improved, actually they may get worse when they trade Miller. Even Chicago and NY have improved their rosters. Anyone in the east can compete. Who would have predicted Detroit and Boston having such great years or even NJ? Speaking of NJ they always suffered from injuries and that helped keep them down over the years...the addition of Kidd improved them to first but they had a decent team over the years, if they were healthy that may have gotten into the playoffs before this. We maybe the NJ of this season but who knows. This year the Raptors could be the top team or the Pacers or even Miami. Who would have thought last years top team the Bucks would not make it this year. This is definietly going to be an interesting season. Lets see what happens.

Very true, New York improved by getting Mcdyess, Miami will improve with Zo coming back healthier and the addition of Caron Butler, Bucks will improve to make a statement too much talent in that team, Hawks also will improve with Theo coming back healthy, Magics improve with Grant Hill comign back healthy. Alot of East teams will improve next season, it will be tough for us to make the playoffs but I think we can. In honesty we have one of the best shotblockers in basketball, we have the best PF IMO in the East, we have a young top notch PG that is virtually hard to just contain, we have an improve DJ and the addition of Dickau will help us tremendously in the perimeter. Yes alot of teams are improving and have improved, but in honesty so have we.

In honesty if Theo stays healthy I see us making the playoffs. He is the key to our success. I also feel DJ needs to even have a better season and avg double figures in points and I dont mean 10 ppg, somewhere around 13 and 14 ppg.

I had forgot about Grant Hill, I hope for his sake he can come back. Yeah, it would be wild if this year Detroit, Boston, and Phili fall outta the playoffs after being at the top the last couple. I for one bet that Detroit and Phili do. I'm not too concerned about Miami improving but the Knicks likely will be contending for the playoffs and the Bucks would really surprise me if they screwed up two years in a row. That barely leaves any room for us huh.

But then again there is always something that is unexpected

that causes a team not to be as good as they were expected

to be....Last year us and the Bucks were a example....The year

before that it was the Magic a mid east playoff team instead

of a top team due to the Hill injures.

Obviousally not ever team is gunna be healthy all year and so

somebody is bound to slip.The east IS getting tigher with the

additions of McDyess/Theo/Hill/Jordan are all allstar type of

players.Plus we don't know what to expect for Chandler/Curry/

Brown/Caron Butler....etc......

It's gunna be more interesting that ESPn says when they basically

say this season will be the exact of last season.The Title will surely

go to LA again,but other than that,things will be different.

ANd no the Kings will not win the title next year.....They couldn't do

it last year....so what makes anyone think they can knock them off

next season?