• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Josh Smith Leaves..

AnthonyI11

Do you guys realize what we would lose. Lets say the Pistons trade went down and we got Tayshaun and Johnson. Ok, we have a 3, who's our 4? We have NO PF. I'm not starting Johnson or Zaza. We would have NO 4. Same stuff goes down if we got Odom. NO 4.

Josh Smith was not only a defensive monster, he was also a good rebounder. If either of these trades go down... well i guess Horford will need to average 20 boards a game.

The hawks need to stop being cheap for one second and just give Josh Smith his 12 million. What's worse, signing josh smith to a higher contract then he deserves and overspending a little bit, or losing J-Smoove and recieving nothing? You can do the math.

• Premium Member
No way im starting Kwame Brown(note i said that as if i was Stephen A) and I don't want to start Randolph Morris. That's if we get either of them. I just want Smith to come back, you know? Money RUINS sports.

You'd probably end up doing one of the following:

1. Start Marvin at the 4, Horford at the 5.

2. Start Horford at the 4, Zaza at the 5.

3. Start Amir at the 4, Horford at the 5.

Ehh...

Lets hope Smith returns and realizes he's not worth superstar money just yet.

No shit. To read what some people post out here you would think this is his UFA contract; and he has already been to three all-star games while leading us the finals last season....

The truth hurts:

We barely made the playoffs, Smoove is not an all-star, and this time next season he will be, at best, the 3rd best player on our team behind JJ and Horf...

Edited by jamesdcrockett

At BEST our 3rd best player? I'll be sure to bookmark this one.

That is fine with me. I said it because I meant it. Horf is just getting started, JJ is an all-star, and I really think Smoove has hit his stride at 18/8 a game. If he did not block so many weakside shots, Smoove would be considered a more athletic version of Al Harrington. Would you pay Al 12 mill a year?

That is fine with me. I said it because I meant it. Horf is just getting started, JJ is an all-star, and I really think Smoove has hit his stride at 18/8 a game. If he did not block so many weakside shots, Smoove would be considered a more athletic version of Al Harrington. Would you pay Al 12 mill a year?

If josh smith didn't block weakside shots, i got this from what you wrote, he would be nothing like al harrington. Al is a good perimeter shooter and just overall better at offense then smith. i still don't want al back, i was just proving a point.

COME BACK J SMITH! STOP BEING GREEDY! MONEY RUINS SPORTS!

Al is a good perimeter shooter and just overall better at offense then smith. i still don't want al back, i was just proving a point.

Al isn't a better offensive player. His percentages and PPG prove that.

James, Al is a top 15 worst defender in the NBA. We saw first hand how bad he was. He doesn't contest ANYTHING. Smith is also a better rebounder, passer, much better in transition offensively and defensively, and is only 22 years old with a lot of promise. Regardless, the two players can't be compared because saying if Smith didn't block shots is a pure hypothetical. And, if Al was 22 years old, athletic, and putting up his current numbers his value would also be much higher.

I don't know why you think Smith has hit his peak. If he develops a respectable midrange jumper and NOTHING else, he becomes a dangerous offensive threat.

If josh smith didn't block weakside shots, i got this from what you wrote, he would be nothing like al harrington. Al is a good perimeter shooter and just overall better at offense then smith. i still don't want al back, i was just proving a point.

COME BACK J SMITH! STOP BEING GREEDY! MONEY RUINS SPORTS!

I am talking from a production/value standpoint and the fact they are tweeners. Harrington is a better overall offensive player; but from a production standpoint they are very similar. In my mind, production and results equal contract. Smoove is not worth much more money than Al...

Al isn't a better offensive player. His percentages and PPG prove that.

James, Al is a top 15 worst defender in the NBA. We saw first hand how bad he was. He doesn't contest ANYTHING. Smith is also a better rebounder, passer, much better in transition offensively and defensively, and is only 22 years old with a lot of promise. Regardless, the two players can't be compared because saying if Smith didn't block shots is a pure hypothetical. And, if Al was 22 years old, athletic, and putting up his current numbers his value would also be much higher.

I don't know why you think Smith has hit his peak. If he develops a respectable midrange jumper and NOTHING else, he becomes a dangerous offensive threat.

I have no faith in his stroke. It is not ugly like Chilz but Smoove has no rhythm. Everytime he shoots a jumper it looks like he is just chucking the ball. Every now and then he may look like he knows what he is doing; but most times, he looks at the basket and chucks. Nothing fluid or consistent at all....

You'd probably end up doing one of the following:

1. Start Marvin at the 4, Horford at the 5.

2. Start Horford at the 4, Zaza at the 5.

3. Start Amir at the 4, Horford at the 5.

Josh Smith/Al Horford >>>>>>>> all of those combinations.

Marvin at the 4? Please. Marvin looks too soft to play the 3 sometimes and it's Josh Smith's weakside shot blocking ability and rebounding ability which allows us to get away with Al being a little undersized at the 5.

And you put Al at the 4 and we are left with trash at the 5.