• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What Ya'll Think Of This Offer?

GTfan44

Saw it on NBA Dime Smack. They came up with it in today's article.

J Smoove + Speedy for Shawn Marion

I don't think there's a better S&T deal out there for us

Man, that is a good trade.... but damn... I would hate to see Smoove go. He is our baby... I don't what to see him go some where to blossom even more.

If they are going to pay Marion, than they might as well keep Smith who is much younger. Not to mention Marion is expiring anyway and would probably walk for nothing. This trade wouldn't help us in the future going forward.

If they are going to pay Marion, than they might as well keep Smith who is much younger. Not to mention Marion is expiring anyway and would probably walk for nothing. This trade wouldn't help us in the future going forward.

The converse is also true...if you're not going to re-up Marion (who will be very expensive), you'd still be better off keeping Smoove and letting him sign the QO.

Don't see any way this deal makes sense.

The converse is also true...if you're not going to re-up Marion (who will be very expensive), you'd still be better off keeping Smoove and letting him sign the QO.

Don't see any way this deal makes sense.

I don't think the object would be to re-sign Marion. It would be to have a crap load of cap room coming off the books next season, but who would the Hawks sign with all that space? Are there any big time centers we could get?

I don't think the object would be to re-sign Marion. It would be to have a crap load of cap room coming off the books next season, but who would the Hawks sign with all that space? Are there any big time centers we could get?

At this point I think the only "big" roster change that will happen for the next couple years will be the Josh Smith trade (if that happens). After that, I don't see any big FA signings next year because the ASG will be looking into the future at extending Horford and JJ.

Hopefully we get Smith back or get a nice piece for him. After that, I think this roster is set for a while (save a couple changes in role players off the bench)

Yah i dont feel good about any trades involving players about to expire, i.e. Odom/Marion...we already have no confidence in ASG in negotiating big contracts..so why would we want to fall into this situation again...another reason why i wouldnt mind moving bibby either.

The only cap room this would make vs. Josh signing the QO is getting rid of Speedy for one year, worth $5.2M. Meanwhile, we'd be making Miami very strong. This is an awful trade unless an extension (at a reasonable amount) could be worked out with Marion ahead of time. And I still wouldn't like it.

The only cap room this would make vs. Josh signing the QO is getting rid of Speedy for one year, worth $5.2M. Meanwhile, we'd be making Miami very strong. This is an awful trade unless an extension (at a reasonable amount) could be worked out with Marion ahead of time. And I still wouldn't like it.

I think until we renounce chillz, he will still have an 11m caphold next year...getting under the cap to sign a big time FA is a longshot until 2010, not to mention marvins caphold.