• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here's Something In The Hawks' Favor.

mrhonline

Biedrins' deal is 6 yrs, $54M with incentives of up to $9M over the length of the deal.

I think you offer Smith 6 yrs, $64M with incentives up to $8M over the length of the deal.

I'm fine with that. I'd even go 6/66 with incentives up to 6/72.

Any incentives should be based on team success not player success.

That's not allowed according to the CBA. Has to be individual incentives, not team.

I think that rule is crap, but that's what was agreed upon.

I don't know if I like incentives very much. Makes me wonder how much the incentives are in the back of the player's mind during the course of a game. I wouldn't want it causing distractions or having ill effects on the player. Makes me think of Ricky Davis shooting at his own basket to get the last rebound he needed for a triple double.

I don't know if I like incentives very much. Makes me wonder how much the incentives are in the back of the player's mind during the course of a game. I wouldn't want it causing distractions or having ill effects on the player. Makes me think of Ricky Davis shooting at his own basket to get the last rebound he needed for a triple double.

That isn't a problem depending on what the incentives are.

If Smith has an incentive where he can't shoot over 20 three pointers in a season then he won't be hanging around the perimeter as much. If he has an incentive for rebounding he might actually box out on D and stop hanging around outside on offense.