• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did Y'all See The Ajc Poll?

Cwell

What's with the starting 9 Mill? Didn't you see that the ASG offered (rumored) 6 years and $57 mill... that's about 9 mill per year... not 9 mill starting salary.

If Josh is offered 6 years for 67 mill... I don't see how he turn it down.

Who knows what they have officially offered. I have to believe that they offered a starting salary of about 9 million because if they offered a deal that averaged 9 million then there are either no raises or the first year salary is ridiculously low.

Ticket sales have been rising at a steady rate for the past 4-5 years. Up from comically low (last in the league by a LOT) to around 86% attendance which is tied for 19th in the league.

Well I went to roughly 35 games last year and if your figure is right, people must be buying tickets and not using them. I've seen more people at minor league baseball games than when the Hawks play on a Wednesday night.

• Premium Member
What's with the starting 9 Mill? Didn't you see that the ASG offered (rumored) 6 years and $57 mill... that's about 9 mill per year... not 9 mill starting salary.

If Josh is offered 6 years for 67 mill... I don't see how he turn it down.

This is 6 yr 67 with raises:

It averages out to about 11.17 per.

I would think that Smoove would be interested anywhere from here to a starting salary of 9.51 Million.

ASG has no excuse. as you note, they can trade him freely in the 3rd year when he's only making 10.7 and they will get deeliscious value back.

or that can trade him in his 2nd year BYC and they can get back a younger stud.

But to not sign him is stupid.

But to not sign him is stupid.

You are assuming that he is willing to sign that deal and I really don't think he is interested in that. I think he wants a deal that starts at 10 million or more, but we'll see when it's all said and done what it will take.