• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin Back In School @ Unc & Working Out With May

Traceman

Even a HS rookie knows to prorate or per48 your MPG stats. This is simply disingenuous blubber on your part Trace. In fact, MW's overall production per minute was worse as a Sophomore than as a rookie. Just the applicable facts please.

W

LOL! "Just the applicable facts please?" "Disingenious blubber?" About as disingenious as you talking about his SOPHOMORE stats when we were discussing the difference in his stats between his rookie year and his THIRD year. Nice try though.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus,

You really can't read can you? I said IF, IF, IF, IF, IF, IF he failed to mention other players. Then I explained that I didn't believe there were other players to mention. (still following?). Therefore I don't believe Marvin was dumb enough to not mention them, they simply weren't there.

Then you go and say this...

You never questoned Marv's IQ? You said:

calling the man "dense" is no different than questioning his IQ.

I never called the man "dense". Not even once. Big difference in saying IF Marvin did something, and then admitting Marvin didn't do it.

Again, for the record, Marvin is a very smart individual. VERY smart. Smart enough to know he would need to mention other players IF he had actually played with them. I even said this much. As, Marvin being smart enough to do this would have HELPED my argument. Marvin being dumb enough to not do it would have HURT my argument.

Please tell me you understand now.

It's embarrassing that Marvin has only scored +4 more ppg going from Rookie year to 3rd year.

It is pretty ironic for Childress' number 1 fan to be bringing this up since childress improved only 1.7 ppg from his rookie year to his 4th year.

Jesus,

You really can't read can you? I said IF, IF, IF, IF, IF, IF he failed to mention other players. Then I explained that I didn't believe there were other players to mention. (still following?). Therefore I don't believe Marvin was dumb enough to not mention them, they simply weren't there.

Then you go and say this...

I never called the man "dense". Not even once. Big difference in saying IF Marvin did something, and then admitting Marvin didn't do it.

Again, for the record, Marvin is a very smart individual. VERY smart. Smart enough to know he would need to mention other players IF he had actually played with them. I even said this much. As, Marvin being smart enough to do this would have HELPED my argument. Marvin being dumb enough to not do it would have HURT my argument.

Please tell me you understand now.

You're still dense. The article was about Sean May being back at school. If the article were a critical piece on Marvin Williams' offseason workouts, then yes, Marvin should defend himself by listing what he's working on and who he's working with.

In an article like this one, there's no reason for him to get into the specifics of his summer workouts. The question you're assuming he had no answer for was never asked! If the reporter did ask questions about Marvin's summer workouts, he sure didn't seem to fel the need to expound on it.

You and a few others are taking the absence of evidence to try and prove something. You might as well claim that Josh Smith has never worked on his ball handling because in the last article I read about him he never mentioned it.

See how that would be dense?

You're still dense. The article was about Sean May being back at school. If the article were a critical piece on Marvin Williams' offseason workouts, then yes, Marvin should defend himself by listing what he's working on and who he's working with.

In an article like this one, there's no reason for him to get into the specifics of his summer workouts. The question you're assuming he had no answer for was never asked! If the reporter did ask questions about Marvin's summer workouts, he sure didn't seem to fel the need to expound on it.

You and a few others are taking the absence of evidence to try and prove something. You might as well claim that Josh Smith has never worked on his ball handling because in the last article I read about him he never mentioned it.

See how that would be dense?

I'm dense? You're the Tarheel fan (nice personal attack by the way).

F*uck the article. You're posts stated that Marvin was working out at the same time as the summer league teams. It clearly showed he wasn't actually on any of the teams. So if all these guys are playing with these teams and only Marv and May get added as a side-show what the f*ck does that tell you? I know it tells my dense a** he wasn't playing pick-up games with the rest of the crew, he was practicing with Sean May. Now if you have any LEGIT proof that dispels this common sense, please feel free to share. So far you haven't proven otherwise.

Given Marv's track record, plus your post (that's right, you hurt your own cause) I'd say you shouldn't be taking stabs at other's IQ.

You're posts stated that Marvin was working out at the same time as the summer league teams. It clearly showed he wasn't actually on any of the teams.

Third year players aren't on summer league teams unless they are trying to make a team. In fact Marvin wasn't on last years team either. Players are only required to be on summer league teams before their rookie year and before their second year.

F*uck the article. You're posts stated that Marvin was working out at the same time as the summer league teams. It clearly showed he wasn't actually on any of the teams. So if all these guys are playing with these teams and only Marv and May get added as a side-show what the f*ck does that tell you? I know it tells my dense a** he wasn't playing pick-up games with the rest of the crew, he was practicing with Sean May. Now if you have any LEGIT proof that dispels this common sense, please feel free to share. So far you haven't proven otherwise.

Given Marv's track record, plus your post (that's right, you hurt your own cause) I'd say you shouldn't be taking stabs at other's IQ.

F*uck the article. You're posts stated that Marvin was working out at the same time as the summer league teams. It clearly showed he wasn't actually on any of the teams.

Really? Well what does the fact that Marv has his own team (aptly named Team Williams) playing in Stackhouse's NC Pro-Am Tournamanent this weekend tell you? Go to the site below and click on "Rosters." Then, click on "Tournament Info." Marv is even featured on the flyer to market the tournament. I think it is pretty obvious that not only is Marvin on a team, THE TEAM IS NAMED AFTER HIM!

http://www.ncproam.com/

Obviously, Marv has time to go to school, work on his game AND sponsor and play on a team in Stack's tourney. I wonder what the rest of the Hawks' players are doing this summer?

Edited by Traceman

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/h...liams_news.html