Which was a bigger blow?

A-town Hawks

Which was a bigger blow to us? In regards to our future success  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It hasn't been a month and I'm already over Chill.

True, even though the Mo aquisition along with Morris dont make up for what Chillz brought I think they can be great additions and fit like Childress.

But It still hurts to this day knowing that Woody will be on the sidelines, instead of a coach that couldve took this team over the hump like Avery, or others that were out there.

• Admin

I think Chil leaving will really open things up for Marvin.

Mo will help offset it as well.

Woody is an absolute horrible coach who doesn't understand matchups and doesn't seem to know what he is doing during the games. We should have grabbed another coach when so many good ones were available. That was disappointing.

Signing Woodson to an extension wasn't exactly what I wanted to see, especially with the number of coaches I thought would be suitable for this team (Flip Saunders, Avery Johnson, etc.). I'm not sure if the ASG knows (or cares - to simply put) about the fan base because if they did, they would of known that Woodson is hated by pretty much the entire fan population and wouldn't of resigned him. I guess you can consider that as a major blow... or a middle finger to the fan base?

However, I definitely see Childress' departure from the team as a major blow mostly because of its "ripple effects". Not only did we lose one of the building blocks for our future and a candidate of the sixth man of the year award last year, we also showed the rest of the roster and the players in the NBA how bad we will treat our players. Childress clearly puts it out there that the owners of the ASG are bad business partners, and I think that will really hurt us in the future when it comes time to sign key free agents. They see this especially with how we treated Smith with his contract renewal.