• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looks like Josh's deal is a standard deal.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine (Choose 'Atlanta' from the drop-down menu).

The ESPN trade checker is as accurate an information source as fans are allowed to have.

Year 1: $10M

Year 2: $10.8M

Year 3: $11.6M

Year 4: $12.4M

Year 5: $13.2M

No wonder the Hawks matched it so quickly.

If you add up all the salaries the trade checker has, then you get $64,800,692 but they say Hawks' payroll is $72,381,184 so there is a difference of $7,580,492. What is that from? I don't believe that is Childress' caphold, I was fairly certain his caphold was around $11 million but I forgot how much it actually is. That does seem like it could be what Smoove's caphold was but I also forgot what his caphold actually was.

• Premium Member
If you add up all the salaries the trade checker has, then you get $64,800,692 but they say Hawks' payroll is $72,381,184 so there is a difference of $7,580,492. What is that from? I don't believe that is Childress' caphold, I was fairly certain his caphold was around $11 million but I forgot how much it actually is. That does seem like it could be what Smoove's caphold was but I also forgot what his caphold actually was.

Those totals are screwy. That's my only explanation. :magnifier:

I thought for a while that they may be adding in possible exceptions, but I no longer think that. Perhaps they're factoring in all the possible cap holds...

Edited by ifthenwouldi

Those totals are screwy. That's my only explanation. :magnifier:

I thought for a while that they may be adding in possible exceptions, but I no longer think that. Perhaps they're factoring in all the possible cap holds...

Just looking at Miami, it has them at $98 million. It is very screwy, it has got to be like a carryover from last season or something because the numbers in payroll just aren't right. The contract numbers look right though, have you read anything about a possible option or ETO for Smoove in his contract? If I were his agent I would make sure to have an ETO after the 2nd or 3rd season.

• Premium Member
have you read anything about a possible option or ETO for Smoove in his contract? If I were his agent I would make sure to have an ETO after the 2nd or 3rd season.

The trade checker usually adjusts the number of years remaining for team options, but we'll have to wait and see what Sham posts for info about ETO's or player options.

• Premium Member
If there is a better site for seeing the salaries of a team for the current year and also into the future. I would like to see it. Hoopshype might not be the best. Considering the options out there. They do a fine job.

Well, like I mentioned the ESPN trade checker is supposed to be the actual information for the current season.

There's also:

2. Shamsports - The best site for seasons beyond the current one.

3. Storyteller's Contract Info - More accurate than Hoopshype

4. Patricia's salaries - Great for historical information

There's also a couple of other sites, but I'd probably rank Hoopshype 5th.

Edited by ifthenwouldi

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine (Choose 'Atlanta' from the drop-down menu).

The ESPN trade checker is as accurate an information source as fans are allowed to have.

Year 1: $10M

Year 2: $10.8M

Year 3: $11.6M

Year 4: $12.4M

Year 5: $13.2M

No wonder the Hawks matched it so quickly.

Looks like "the farm" would have been safe! Here is what I posted when I first heard about MEM's offer:

I'll bet the farm that it is a straight 5 yr/$58M offer starting at $10M a season with the maximum allowable 8 percent annual raises. If that is indeed the case, we have PLENTY of room under the luxury tax (around $6M) to go ahead and fill out our roster.

We should have approximately $3M of the MLE left after signing Evans and I think we also have the $1.9M bi-annual exception. Who is out there for $3M a season that can help us? A guy I wouldn't mind seeing us make an offer to is Dorrell Wright. The Heat will likely match but what could it hurt to throw a 4 yr/$13.5M offer out there? He played pretty well last year when given a chance and he's still only 22. My main man Mike Finley is still out there but he and Evans are basically the same guy now. Jannero Pargo would be decent but is he really that much better than Salim? Gordan Giricek? Juwan Howard? Damon Stoudamire? Sam Cassell?

There are some other guys out there that could be decent for the $1.9M exception or the vet minimum. Quentin Ross plays good D. I read that we made an offer to Francisco Elson (probably for the vet minimum). He would be a decent addition. David Harrison? Jamaal Magloire? He's big. Fred Jones?

Finally, the Hawks are too cheap to do it but if the medical staff thinks there is a better than even chance that Shaun Livingston can recover to some level of his former self, why not make an incentive-laden offer to him and let him take up the 13th roster spot? As things stand now, we are going to need some luck to become an elite team. I'd take a flyer on him and see what happens.

Edited by Traceman