• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Roster (are they done?)

PaceRam

Seems like the Hawks have made several additions to their roster in the past few weeks. Can anyone tell me if they are pretty much done or do you expect them still to try to add another Center to the team? I am hoping Randolph Morris will able to provide some help inside with his size and strength and maybe since he is still young he will prove to the Hawks and the NBA that he can become that quality NBA Center that some had thought a couple of years ago.

yea hopefully Randolph Morris is good..i mean he was good in college but stunk on the Knicks but he only saw limited minutes so who knows. I think Hawks will be better than they were last year but that doesnt mean they will easily make the playoffs because the Eastern Conf. as a whole has gotten better. but I think it wont hurt to add another decent big man to our roster just incase Morris is a bust..honestly i dont think he will be better the Zaza, who I happen to like as a backup big lol but we'll see. Flip and Evans are good pick ups though. I cant wait for next season!!!

As far as I can tell we currently have 14 under contract. Of course you can only play 12 and you can have 15 on the roster. To my knowledge we have:

Mike Bibby / Acie Law / Speedy Claxton

Joe Johnson / Ronald Murray / Thomas Gardner

Marvin Williams / Maurice Evans

Josh Smith / Othello Hunter

Al Horford / Zaza Pachulia / Randolph Morris / Solomon Jones

I'm assuming Salim won't be back and I'm not sure of the status of Jeremy Richardson or Mario West. My guess is that 2 of Speedy / Gardner / Morris / Solo will not be in uniform on any given night depending on injuries and who play well

We could sign West or Richardson, leave the spot open for flexibility, or possibly sign some one. If it were me I would add a big like Mbenga or see if there are any available PG's if Speedy doesn't look good. If we don't find the right guy, you might as well leave the spot open though, and I would imagine that that is what will happen.

I could easily see either Richardson, Hunter, Gardner or West being the two players the Hawks send to the NBDL.

Other than Mutumbo, Ratliff and maybe Quinton Ross I don't see much that can improve this roster in FA.

I just hope the Hawks don't release a player that could help this team and Craig Claxtons pulls a Mike Hampton at the start of the season.

They should have a three point contest to choose between J Rich and Gardner....jk.Lol

Seems like the Hawks have made several additions to their roster in the past few weeks. Can anyone tell me if they are pretty much done or do you expect them still to try to add another Center to the team? I am hoping Randolph Morris will able to provide some help inside with his size and strength and maybe since he is still young he will prove to the Hawks and the NBA that he can become that quality NBA Center that some had thought a couple of years ago.

A lot of ppl ripped the signing when we first got him but I think it was because they were upset with the Smith and J-Chill situation. Looking at the Morris signing it could really pay off. He is making next to nothing, he can't really do any worse than he did in NY and maybe with the change of scenery he will become a better player.

• Premium Member

Well, they can be. I think it's good to hold on to a little bit of cap space. Just enough to go after a FA in case something goes arie.

If you take a look at depth chart...

I would like for us to give Morris and Solo a chance to play some (early in the season). When you think about it, we have 6 bigs between C and PF.

I think another thing is the versatility of our roster. JJ can play both SG and SF (Classic swingman). I wouldn't be surprise to see him play more Sf in relief of Marvin with Mo Evans and Flip playing more OG. The only real queston mark will be what will happen with Bibby and what will happen with Speedy. Even with Bibby, Speedy, and Law... We have one of the shakiest backcourts in the game. Speedy can't be counted on. Law may be fragile? and Bibby is fragile. I think that's the reason why there are rumors of us going after Pargo and ultimately the reason we signed a usable OG like Flip.I wouldn't mind seeing us get one more prospect if Speedy is shaky... The guy I have in mind is Will Conroy. I think he'd be a pretty good BU on this team and he might prove to be better than that.

Well, they can be. I think it's good to hold on to a little bit of cap space. Just enough to go after a FA in case something goes arie.

If you take a look at depth chart...

I would like for us to give Morris and Solo a chance to play some (early in the season). When you think about it, we have 6 bigs between C and PF.

I think another thing is the versatility of our roster. JJ can play both SG and SF (Classic swingman). I wouldn't be surprise to see him play more Sf in relief of Marvin with Mo Evans and Flip playing more OG. The only real queston mark will be what will happen with Bibby and what will happen with Speedy. Even with Bibby, Speedy, and Law... We have one of the shakiest backcourts in the game. Speedy can't be counted on. Law may be fragile? and Bibby is fragile. I think that's the reason why there are rumors of us going after Pargo and ultimately the reason we signed a usable OG like Flip.I wouldn't mind seeing us get one more prospect if Speedy is shaky... The guy I have in mind is Will Conroy. I think he'd be a pretty good BU on this team and he might prove to be better than that.

Bibby has been very durable with the exception of last season. He should be good to go this year. Unless Speedy breaks down early I expect we either add another big or possibly a wing to back up Marvin.

As far as I can tell we currently have 14 under contract. Of course you can only play 12 and you can have 15 on the roster. To my knowledge we have:

Mike Bibby / Acie Law / Speedy Claxton

Joe Johnson / Ronald Murray / Thomas Gardner

Marvin Williams / Maurice Evans

Josh Smith / Othello Hunter

Al Horford / Zaza Pachulia / Randolph Morris / Solomon Jones

I'm assuming Salim won't be back and I'm not sure of the status of Jeremy Richardson or Mario West. My guess is that 2 of Speedy / Gardner / Morris / Solo will not be in uniform on any given night depending on injuries and who play well

We could sign West or Richardson, leave the spot open for flexibility, or possibly sign some one. If it were me I would add a big like Mbenga or see if there are any available PG's if Speedy doesn't look good. If we don't find the right guy, you might as well leave the spot open though, and I would imagine that that is what will happen.

Today it appears Hunter, Gardner and Richardson will battle for the 13th and 14th position. I think it will be wise to run with 14 only and save 15 for flexability. Who knows if Jeremy and/or Mario look impressive, we may get a 2nd rounder for one of them.