• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

USA-Austraila

Swish

Making this the game thread for whoever's interested. I expect Bosh to get a lot of PT here. He can stay with Bogut on the perimeter and hit his FTs.

I think the Aussies will play them tight for the first qtr and then the depth, experience, and athleticism will overpower them. I'm guessing somewhere in the 100-75 range.

I wish some people would be more interested in the "Redeem" Team. They truly seem to care this time (and goodness knows we can debate that all day) and the competition is higher than its ever been, not to mention when guys like Bosh say its more intense than the game 7s he's played in, well, that just adds to it for me. I'm really looking forward to the elimination games.

In the meantime, Lithuania and Spain have advanced, beating China and Croatia, respectively.

Edited by Swish

55-43 at halftime.

Australia tried too many threes in the last minutes.

Rebounds 30-14 for Team USA, ouch.

USA still can't make a three they're 2-12 or 3-13 from behind the arc.

I guess unless Australia can hit it's first 5 shots in the 2nd half the US will pull away rather fast.

How is it possible that there are more travelling calls against Germany than against the US in this tourney? :question:

Halftime; 55-43 USA. Would be 50-43 except within the last 15 seconds Kobe hit a sick jumper and Deron Williams nailed a 3 at the buzzer. The Aussies look like they hate the US. Its really tense, with hard fouls both ways. US just starting to wear them down. No particular player looks overly good today.

Yeah that was quick wasn't it.

82-52 late third quarter...where's Redd and Booze?????

edit- Aussies still giving US major lip down 30. Funny stuff is a little white guy talking trash to LeBron.

Sheesh-96-65 on back to back bombs by Redd and Kobe-7 min left.

edit- A 37 footer for Mamba! He's on fire. This is akin to Game 1 Celtics-Hawks....ouch.

Edited by Swish

Oh well, fair effort by us. I liked that they didnt back down at all, even when down big late. Patrick Mills was easily our best player, I see a big future for him, if he can work on that jumper of his.

We're coming back from rebuilding after losing Shane Heal, Andrew Gaze and Luc Longley in quick succession. The future is Mills, Newley, Ingles, Bogut and Nathan Jawai. We should have a shot at a medal in London, if the team can stay together.