• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think I got scammed

Dexmethylphenidate

So I send this guy 70 bucks for a PSP... send him e-check by paypal. Before transaction... he respond to my concerns w/in a day... after the payment clears... it took him about 2 days to respond. I told him I want a tracking number, but he's just postponing the shipment day after day. Should I be worried? Anyway I could get my money back?

Note: this isn't a ebay transaction.

Paypal is one of the most "buyer friendly" services out there. If you open a dispute with them they will request that the receiver provide proof that he sent the item, and if he doesnt do that, paypal will decide in your favor.

Yes PayPal will usually decide in your favor but in the 2 times that I didn't' receive the item I purchased they only refunded me about half of my original purchase price, so don't expect to get it all back even if they do step in on your behalf.

Ughhh, it sucks getting scammed like that. That's happened to me before too, so believe me I feel your pain. When making purchases like that, IMO the best thing to do is just stick to eBay, because the Paypal protection for eBay purchases is much, much stronger then it is for non-eBay transactions....which makes sense, because I believe Paypal is owned by eBay.

Yes PayPal will usually decide in your favor but in the 2 times that I didn't' receive the item I purchased they only refunded me about half of my original purchase price, so don't expect to get it all back even if they do step in on your behalf.

The amount that is refunded is dependent on the amount the other person has in their account. In any case, if it was paid with a credit card, you can chargeback with them and paypal generally will not fight it if it is regarding something they ruled in your favor. Now, I never used a paypal echeck before, but there must be some way to stop its payment.