• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mays High

Swatguy

Congratulations!!

My HS team is not very good this season - 2-2.

Towns County Ga., our next opponent, had a thirty something losing streak until this season.

They are on a roll however, 3-0 for the season.

Yeah, I saw them beat Whitewater on Friday.

And you're right as far as APS schools not winning a title since the '70s. I attended Fulton High in the '80s (not the abomination now known as South Atlanta) and although we knocked on the door a lot of times, we could never get past the state semis, either. Brown reached the finals in 1990 and Grady went to the Dome a couple of years ago and lost in the semis as well.

Most APS, Clayton, and Dekalb county schools have a tough time attracting/keeping the top-tier football players because the facilities there simply don't match what's out in Cobb and Gwinnett. Wanna compare playing in your own backyard at Parkview or Marietta to having to get on a bus and travel crosstown for a 'home' game at Grady or Lakewood? That little edge means an awful lot, especially come playoff time.

Edited by Dejay

Yeah, I saw them beat Whitewater on Friday.

And you're right as far as APS schools not winning a title since the '70s. I attended Fulton High in the '80s (not the abomination now known as South Atlanta) and although we knocked on the door a lot of times, we could never get past the state semis, either. Brown reached the finals in 1990 and Grady went to the Dome a couple of years ago and lost in the semis as well.

Most APS, Clayton, and Dekalb county schools have a tough time attracting/keeping the top-tier football players because the facilities there simply don't match what's out in Cobb and Gwinnett. Wanna compare playing in your own backyard at Parkview or Marietta to having to get on a bus and travel crosstown for a 'home' game at Grady or Lakewood? That little edge means an awful lot, especially come playoff time.

APS is at fault. APS and the Mays community agreed to build a stadium at Mays several years ago. APS decided to put new turf at Lakewood instead. Every Fulton County High school has their own stadium.

Also, Lakewood should have been partially enclosed before the Olympics. APS really missed on that one. APS should purchase the Morris Brown Stadium and make Washington there home.

Your coach was Willie Hunter right?

• 2 weeks later...