• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Second unit? We got us one!

Gray Mule

:biggrin:

You guys and gals know me - Always harping on something that no one else seems

to really get excited about. Example: Hitting those free throws all the time, not just

in crunch time. Why? Because those points count too!!

So, here we go again. I get excited, really excited, by the play of the bench players.

If the bench don't preform, or don't get a real chance to strut their stuff, the entire

team suffers. Starters play too many minutes. By the end of the game they just

don't have that extra burst of energy necessary to carry the team to victory.

I know, I know. It's pre season and the second unit under Woodson may stay glued

to the bench for the most part or come in and out one or two at a time for a brief

period when someone is in foul trouble or slightly injured.

But, gee whiz. Hawks have a second unit. An actual team of five players that can

come into a game and compete. That gets me excited for the possibility of not

having to depend on the starting five to carry the entire load - Or just having

a couple of players come into the rotation.

Mo, Acie, Zaza, Solomon and Flip.

Nothing wrong with our second unit. They provided the stuff that the Hawks needed

in our first pre season game.

A great thing about having a good second unit, besides the things already mentioned.

It pushes the starters to do their very best. Let down too much and you will find

yourself with this second unit and the much lesser playing time that they can expect.

Great way to open the pre season. We dream that it will continue all season for our

beloved Hawks.

:beer:

I was excited by the play of our bench as well. The only one thing that disappointed me was the lack of playing time for Morris. I was hoping he would get 10 min's or so. But he did well with the 4 or 5 he got.

Yeah, woulda been nice to get some minutes from OHunter too to see what he could do in the bright(ish) lights.

I guess there are only so many minutes in the game...

Yeah, woulda been nice to get some minutes from OHunter too to see what he could do in the bright(ish) lights.

it was said before the game that Woody only planned on played 10 or 11 guys and will use the rest in later games. Some guys only got the minutes they got because we blew Orlando out in the 2nd half.

Yeah...I hope he gets some chances. I've heard good things about him but know little about his game.

Totally agree with Gray Mule, it's nice to think we will have some actual depth from the bench this year I'm not silly enough to think Mo will go 4-4 from the three point arc every game but it's nice to see him come out firing.