• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Upfront bodies look thin

Swatguy

Having 7 guys upfront sounds well but under close examination we look thin. I know many have been saying this for weeks, months. So with two weeks to tipoff the problem is not solved. Zaza, Al, Josh and Marvin are sure. But there is no surity in Solo, Randy and Othello. Solo can be said as a keeper but as the other two (Randy and Othello), the same cannot be said. Going into battle with only two bigs on the bench is simply not enough. A package of Gardner and 'Rio for servicable big is a dream. But more than likely one of them plus the '10 1st round pick would fletch the needed big. NJ may part with Boone, Swift or Lopez. If we make a move as such the draft pick is mid or low 20's. That price is worth a Boone, Swift or Lopez.

I believe we need to make a move now and settle the roster's deficiency.

This is not a new problem. Can't remember when we had enough bigs, but we are better off this year than the last several.

Swift comes with a big contract. I've always thought that Boone was an interesting guy and would come cheaper. Don't know if they would part with him.

Scratch Swift as trade with a pick, he is expiring. He may be aquired by a potential as Gardner alone, if we go luxury tax for a year. Swift in a contract year could be "Big" (I could not resist that).

I think at this point our best option is to cross our fingers and hope that Solo can continue to play at a NBA-backup level and that Morris or Othello have enough ability to sponge up about 10 minutes a game without being massive liabilities.

On the bright side (kind of) this year most likely isn't one where we are going to be fighting for the title even if EVERYTHING breaks right. That means that a backup big man with a Drebounding/shotblocking focus is probably our biggest need going into next summer and we'll have a Speedy-expiring plus, MLE, and a (hopefully not lottery) pick to snag one with.

Having 7 guys upfront sounds well but under close examination we look thin. I know many have been saying this for weeks, months. So with two weeks to tipoff the problem is not solved. Zaza, Al, Josh and Marvin are sure. But there is no surity in Solo, Randy and Othello. Solo can be said as a keeper but as the other two (Randy and Othello), the same cannot be said. Going into battle with only two bigs on the bench is simply not enough. A package of Gardner and 'Rio for servicable big is a dream. But more than likely one of them plus the '10 1st round pick would fletch the needed big. NJ may part with Boone, Swift or Lopez. If we make a move as such the draft pick is mid or low 20's. That price is worth a Boone, Swift or Lopez.

I believe we need to make a move now and settle the roster's deficiency.

Boone would be a great pickup if he's available. Not a shot blocker by any means but he can mix it up down low on both ends.

Scratch Swift as trade with a pick, he is expiring. He may be aquired by a potential as Gardner alone, if we go luxury tax for a year. Swift in a contract year could be "Big" (I could not resist that).

No one would trade anything for Gardner. He is struggling just to make a team and there are dozens of guys just like him available to anyone.