• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ is getting some love

diamond_dave

Meanwhile, toiling in relative obscurity in Atlanta is the wonderful Joe Johnson, who scores more, passes more, hits more 3s and has very little downside. Johnson might be out of sight in NBA circles, but don't make him out of mind. Nothing against Pierce, who might end up in the Hall of Fame, but Johnson has also been a fantasy stalwart for years. So much for leaving Phoenix hurting your fantasy numbers.

The main argument I hear about why Johnson could take a step backward this season is because he'll be playing with a true point guard for the first time since his Suns days. True, adjusting to Mike Bibby would take most shooting guards a bit of time, as opposed to joining forces with the likes of Anthony Johnson and Tyronn Lue, but Johnson did just fine. Having Bibby around actually helped his numbers; after the All-Star break Johnson averaged 23.2 points, 4.6 rebounds, 6.6 assists, 1.2 steals and 2.5 3-pointers, and upped his field goal percentage from 40 percent to 47.5 percent. Johnson isn't a true point guard, but having Bibby around clearly helped him get better shots, while also pumping up his assist totals.

I made the comparison late last season that Johnson was a poor man's Kobe Bryant, and got laughed at, until people actually checked the numbers. Who's laughing now? Johnson is an all-around talent worthy of being a top-20 fantasy player, contributing across the board, and if he keeps up any semblance of his tremendous work with Bibby, we might see him knock on the door of being a first-rounder soon. Pierce makes for a fine third-round pick, but he just can't compete here.

link

Dude the video in your post is tearing me up!! Where did you get that from????

JJ>PP all day. PP is all cocky now because he won the damn championship. Hell Larry Bird could have been put out there today with KG and Ray Ray and won.

Edited by Wurider05

I;m of the opinion that JJ does more this season by doing less. By spreading it around and letting others do more he will have less on his shoulders and be freed up to play his game.

In a vacuum, Joe is a better option to iso than our other iso player (Josh). The being said, Joe is probably one of the best catch and shoot guys in the game today, not like Kobe or TMac who have to shoot off the bounce, when he gets some space like he did w/ Nash or once Mike B got here, he can shoot +.450 from deep.

The more we let Bibby get the ball to Al and Josh in the low post and high post, the more we push the pace, the more open looks Joe will get.

Dude the video in your post is tearing me up!! Where did you get that from????

JJ>PP all day. PP is all cocky now because he won the damn championship. Hell Larry Bird could have been put out there today with KG and Ray Ray and won.

I stole it from the Falcons board. I'm Emmitt on that board. I'm not sure where it originally came from though.