• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hallelujah! Pumpkin dying on vine!

Swish

click

Phillip Fulmer, who a decade ago brought Tennessee its first national championship in 47 years, will not return as the Volunteers' coach next year, multiple sources told ESPN.com.

An announcement is being planned for later Monday at Neyland Stadium. Fulmer, who has won 150 games at his alma mater and is the dean of SEC coaches, met with Tennessee officials Monday morning, and they reached a mutual agreement that it would be best for all parties if Fulmer did not return next season.

:tease:

:super:

:vacation1:

YES!

As an orange bleeder, this is the best day of my fanhood in a very long time. He was a very good coach for a while, granted, but the game and recruiting passed him up in 2002 or so.

I think Tenn is going to have a hard time replacing Fulmer. Even if they get a good coach, he will probably not be there long. Fulmer put up with the hyper-critical atmosphere in Knoxville because he was an alum, an outsider won't be nearly as tolerant.

• Moderators

It will be interesting to see who they can get. Tennessee is a great school with some very good resources but anyone coming onto the job knows they have to match up with UGA and UF every year just to win the SEC East and that is not real enticing for a new coach walking onto the job.

I would bet they get somebody very good but some very good schools in a number of different sports have been forced to go well beyond their first few choices to land their next coach.