• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Offical...I HATE PAUL PIERCE THREAD

tonegully

More on KG:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-37-4...-Big-Mouth.html

I always found it, let's say, quirky that Garnett would have these dust-ups with some of the most unlikely combatants. Guys like Andrew Bogut (no offense but not yet all-NBA), Mark Pope, Joel Przybilla, Rick Rickert (in a summer pickup game), Wally Szczerbiak, Francisco Elson, Tyrone Nesby, Anthony Peeler. The list doesn't exactly read like an All-Star roster, which then makes people wonder if he is more likely to bully a fringe guy than he is to take on one of his giants-of-the-game peers.

And then they have a video of KG taunting Calderon, which is just ridiculous. Finally, an article that is giving it to KG. I like it, KG is a jerk and a b*tch. Just looking at the list of people he attempted to pick fights with is hilarious that the toughest guy is Przybilla.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost as if KG drank the water up there in Boston and became a douchebag immediately. The dude was all class in Minnesota, and now he's pulling this crap in Boston, especially since he's won a title.

From most accounts, he is the same guy in Boston he was in Minnesota. The only difference is that when someone is overly aggressive in a non-contender, he is showing heart, but when he is overly aggressive in a top team, he is a bully...

Now, with regards to KG, here's an old blog post by someone who played with him and would actually go on the record about him, Paul Shirley:

http://deadspin.com/5013954/paul-shirley-a...finals-in-spain

"Kevin Garnett shares some of Bryant’s personality traits. He’s arrogant…but he realizes it. He can be insufferable…but he laughs about it. He’s intense…but he can turn it off.

The contrast between the two was evident even in the first quarter of the first game of this year’s Finals. Bryant took bad shot after bad shot, with no one questioning his decisions. For whatever reason, people—including the self-professed guru of coaching team-oriented basketball—assume that closely guarded fadeaways with a 25% likelihood of success are better since they’re taken by the team’s superstar.

Meanwhile, Garnett was playing fairly well. But that’s not the important part. It was evident, just from watching his face that Garnett was, of all things, nervous.

And I guess that’s why I liked him so much when I spent three weeks in the Timberwolves’ training camp. Kevin Garnett is almost like the rest of us. He’s gets nervous like the rest of us…laughs at himself like the rest of us…sees how ridiculous his job is, just like the rest of us. Kobe Bryant thinks that it’s perfectly normal that he is widely considered to be the best player in basketball.

Kevin Garnett is like the sane person who thinks he might be going crazy. Kobe Bryant is the crazy person who thinks that everyone else is insane."

I can't stand Paul Pierce. I liked him then as soon as he got Garnett and Allen he started basically walking around flexing. He's become sort of a Ha-ha-laugh-at-you type player. So him doing that last night after Joe missed that last free throw. Between that, his vlade divacesque offensive flopping, the stupid head pump fake, and the overdramatic way he goes about getting an injury, I just really can't stand him anymore.

Learn to play AND WIN with class, you should understand since not that long ago you were on the other side of that....

and you know i liked garnett but him and pierce both saying it's not a rivalry because we haven't won (when we have) is bullsht.....were the bulls-knicks not a rivalry because the knicks couldnt get passed the bulls?

I'm just sick of the C's and the phantom calls they get in general. Pierce is probably the biggest whiny b*tch in the NBA, but the league is rewarding acting like a punk when you're winning and crying to mommy (refs) when you're losing. LeBron does the same crap (last Saturday's game).

People say JJ doesn't get a lot of calls because he doesn't complain much, but I'm really starting to appreciate that about him.

Note to David Stern: If you keep giving phantom calls to crybaby superstars, you're going to end up with a league full of whiny bitches.

(All that aside, I thought there were a lot of ticky-tack calls both ways last night. I really wish the refs would have let them play a little more.)