• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Shield

Admin

• Admin
Does anyone here watch The Shield? It's one of my favorite shows and tonight's series finale was excellent. Anyone care to discuss?

The writer said it won't be like the sopranos. You will not be left with a ambiguity ending. Things will end correctly. I think the ending was exactly like the sopranos. We really don't know what Vic was intending at the end.

The writer said it won't be like the sopranos. You will not be left with a ambiguity ending. Things will end correctly. I think the ending was exactly like the sopranos. We really don't know what Vic was intending at the end.

I think that the ending was great and I didn't feel like it was Soprano-ish at all. I think that with the look Vic gave at the end he was basically saying that he was still going to be the same SOB that he's always been and that this job wouldn't break him. Man I felt bad for Ronnie though and I was stunned that Shane killed his pregnant wife and their young son.

Does anyone here watch The Shield? It's one of my favorite shows and tonight's series finale was excellent. Anyone care to discuss?

I used to watch it religiously. Really, race home kind of thing. Last year, the writing really started to lose me, and this year I just could not watch. It's like they were still trying to shock me or something. None of the characters developed and it no longer felt real. It felt, well, like a tv show. I was very unimpressed with the way the show never evolved. And Chicklis's acting the last few years has felt, forced and cheesy.

I used to watch it religiously. Really, race home kind of thing. Last year, the writing really started to lose me, and this year I just could not watch. It's like they were still trying to shock me or something. None of the characters developed and it no longer felt real. It felt, well, like a tv show. I was very unimpressed with the way the show never evolved. And Chicklis's acting the last few years has felt, forced and cheesy.

Really? Troy it's not like you to be negative about something, I'm a bit shocked ;)

I agree that the writing last season was pretty bad (then again what show didn't have bad writing last season?) and this season wasn't great, but the last 3-4 episodes were great trying to figure out how they would wrap this thing up and once it got to the point where it was Shane vs. Vic/Ronnie the show really picked up.