• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zaza #8 in Reb/48 min & #1 in Offensive Reb/48 min.

jerrywest2

It turns out I was looking at PER and not defensive rebounding ratio. Zaza ranked 34th in defensive rebounding ratio. However i still think he is a below average rebounder due to the fact that he plays on a poor defensive rebounding team and generally comes in for Horford, our best defensive rebounder.

I seem to remember hawksfanatic claiming that Zaza would be above average in defensive rebounding and that he would laugh in my face at the end of the season when that turned out to be true. I don't have time to look for that post now but i will later.

Where are you getting "defensive rebounding ratio"? I am looking for that stat but haven't been able to find it.

Edit - I guess you are talking about "defensive rebound rate" which is a Hollinger stat where Zaza is 34th at 20.9 out of 64. That's not bad though, it puts him above Bynum, Varejao, Collison, both Gasol's, Chandler, Nene, Jeff Foster, etc.

Offensively he is 4th and tied with Dwight Howard which is extremely impressive.

Overall he was 19th and I'm happy with that from our backup center.

And if my Excel calculations are correct the average DRR is 20.99 (including Zaza) so he is pretty close to average.

Disclaimer - Rebound Rate is the percentage of missed shots that a player rebounds. Rebound Rate = (100 x (Rebounds x Team Minutes)) divided by [Player Minutes x (Team Rebounds + Opponent Rebounds)]

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you getting "defensive rebounding ratio"? I am looking for that stat but haven't been able to find it.

Edit - I guess you are talking about "defensive rebound rate" which is a Hollinger stat where Zaza is 34th at 20.9 out of 64. That's not bad though, it puts him above Bynum, Varejao, Collison, both Gasol's, Chandler, Nene, Jeff Foster, etc.

Offensively he is 4th and tied with Dwight Howard which is extremely impressive.

Overall he was 19th and I'm happy with that from our backup center.

And if my Excel calculations are correct the average DRR is 20.99 (including Zaza) so he is pretty close to average.

Disclaimer - Rebound Rate is the percentage of missed shots that a player rebounds. Rebound Rate = (100 x (Rebounds x Team Minutes)) divided by [Player Minutes x (Team Rebounds + Opponent Rebounds)]

That's it. You can tell it is the offseason. I am off my game.

However keep in mind that the Hawks were a bad defensive rebounding team. Not only that 70% of Zaza's minutes were with Horford (our best defensive rebounder) on the bench. He played 427 minutes with Horford and 1473 overall. Therefore it was a lot easier for him to get rebounds with the Hawks than it would have been with the Lakers.

Having said that Zaza did probably have his most productive season as a Hawk on a per minute basis.

Oh NO! I said he would be above average when Zaza turned out to be slightly below average. A complete fail on my part especially when you consider that Exodus was calling Zaza one of the worst defensive rebounders in the league! Clearly Exodus is more right than I am, Zaza is much closer to being the worst than being above average.

/sarcasm

Typical Excusodus, he nitpicks and digs up old posts to try and "punk" people. There's a reason why I block him, its that he's lame.

So its ok to Diesel bring up an old thread where he made a prediction but it isn't ok for me to do it. I get it, because you were the one proven wrong.

Of course you probably don't realize, or won't acknowlege, that it is easier to get rebounds on a poor defensive rebounding team where he plays most of his minutes with our best defensive rebounder is on the bench.

By the way nice job with the name calling. Do you want me to bump that nonsensical thread where you didn't understand the math in your own post with regards to Smith's foul shooting? Better to hide behind our filter rather than face the music of your past posts. But of course it is perfectly ok for someone to bring up past posts as long as they aren't in regards to you.

So its ok to Diesel bring up an old thread where he made a prediction but it isn't ok for me to do it. I get it, because you were the one proven wrong.

Of course you probably don't realize, or won't acknowlege, that it is easier to get rebounds on a poor defensive rebounding team where he plays most of his minutes with our best defensive rebounder is on the bench.

By the way nice job with the name calling. Do you want me to bump that nonsensical thread where you didn't understand the math in your own post with regards to Smith's foul shooting? Better to hide behind our filter rather than face the music of your past posts. But of course it is perfectly ok for someone to bring up past posts as long as they aren't in regards to you.

If he's got you on ignore he's not going to see your reply ... and while I really don't want to see another confrontational thread on here you have to admit that "Excusodus" is a pretty freaking hilarious nickname.

If he's got you on ignore he's not going to see your reply ... and while I really don't want to see another confrontational thread on here you have to admit that "Excusodus" is a pretty freaking hilarious nickname.

I thought Notlanta was too... But, in the end it was perceived as confrontational...