• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Blackberry Storm

AmishBoy

I have an LG phone but my screen is cracked and so I need a new phone. I don't want to switch from Verizon unless I have to so I'm asking anyone that has the Storm is it a good phone. I've read some reviews and they have me thinking I should wait for the second generation of the phone to come out, but my impulse buying instinct is in full gear(thanks Christmas) and it's killing me. Also it seems like it's taken forever for the iphone to reach it's third generation so i don't want to wait a year for another damn phone. Does anyone know how long it took from 1st to 2nd generation for the iphone?

• Moderators

Not long. I think it was less than a year but i could be wrong. The iphone was a brand new phone from a company that had never made a phone before. The Blackberry is pretty seasoned except for the touch screen part. There are things about the blackberry that drive me crazy but all in all its really nice. there was one thing about the storm that seemed like a glaring omisson but i can't remember what it is. Wifi maybe?

Not long. I think it was less than a year but i could be wrong. The iphone was a brand new phone from a company that had never made a phone before. The Blackberry is pretty seasoned except for the touch screen part. There are things about the blackberry that drive me crazy but all in all its really nice. there was one thing about the storm that seemed like a glaring omisson but i can't remember what it is. Wifi maybe?

Wifi is the thing that's missing so I'm thinking the second gen phone may have it. I don't tend to buy phones often unless the one I have breaks so if I get this one I probably won't run out and buy another one for the new features. The tought just popped in my mind that if I had insurance on my phone i wouldn't be in this mess. So that leads me to wonder if I buy this one and it happens to break after the 2nd gen comes out, will insurance replace it with the 2nd gen. Has this happened to anyone?