• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The top 10 rankings

Plainview1981

1.Celtics-I wasn't impressed with their playoff run last year and I still feel the same way. But even after 2 losses they're still the best so far this season. I think they were a better team last year though.

2.LA Lakers-They have had bad loss or two, but that's not so bad.

3.Cleveland. Nice record, but they're only 6-4 against teams with winning records.

4.Magic-Very impressive win over some good teams. Great road record. Could possibly be 3rd, but CLE has a way bigger point differential. They haven't really slumped yet. They probably will before long.

5.Spurs-Really starting to play well now... It's due partly to a weak point in the schedule I think. Wins over GS, Minny, Oak City, Toronto, Sac Town, Minny and just a decent Suns team (Only 7-10 against teams with winning records).

6.Denver Nuggets-They've lost to only 1 team with a losing record. However, they have lost some games convincingly to the top teams. 5 of the 11 losses were lost by double figures. Still, they got a great team.

7.Atlanta Hawks-Yes, you heard me right. The Hawks. They piss me off due to playing down to other teams... But let's face it, the only bad team they've lost to is NJ. That's it. They lost to Boston by 1, lost to Houston by 8 (They had a shot at winning that one until they fell apart in the 4th), lost to Dallas by 2, lost to SA by 6 and lost to Boston by 3.

They've had like 2 losses where they had no shot to win. That was against Cleveland and Indiana. The mediocre road record holds them back some. But you can't feel totally bad about losses to Boston, Cleveland, Houston, SA, Dallas on the road. And they had a shot to win all of them besides the Cleveland game.

8.New Orleans Hornets=They're only 8-7 against teams with winning records and they've had a couple of bad losses to: Charlotte, Sac Town. Also, they've had 3 fairly convincing defeats to good teams this month.

Lost by 20 to Orlando (Only scoring 68 points), lost to LA by 13 and lost to Boston by 12.

9.Houston-Good team. A couple of bad losses this month though.

10.Dallas-They've only had 2 really impressive wins this far. Big wins over Phx and SA are it. They had a stretch where they lost 6 out 7 with losses to Chicago and the Clippers. I just don't think I can put them any higher right now.

1.Celtics-I wasn't impressed with their playoff run last year and I still feel the same way. But even after 2 losses they're still the best so far this season. I think they were a better team last year though.

2.LA Lakers-They have had bad loss or two, but that's not so bad.

3.Cleveland. Nice record, but they're only 6-4 against teams with winning records.

4.Magic-Very impressive win over some good teams. Great road record. Could possibly be 3rd, but CLE has a way bigger point differential. They haven't really slumped yet. They probably will before long.

5.Spurs-Really starting to play well now... It's due partly to a weak point in the schedule I think. Wins over GS, Minny, Oak City, Toronto, Sac Town, Minny and just a decent Suns team (Only 7-10 against teams with winning records).

6.Denver Nuggets-They've lost to only 1 team with a losing record. However, they have lost some games convincingly to the top teams. 5 of the 11 losses were lost by double figures. Still, they got a great team.

7.Atlanta Hawks-Yes, you heard me right. The Hawks. They piss me off due to playing down to other teams... But let's face it, the only bad team they've lost to is NJ. That's it. They lost to Boston by 1, lost to Houston by 8 (They had a shot at winning that one until they fell apart in the 4th), lost to Dallas by 2, lost to SA by 6 and lost to Boston by 3.

They've had like 2 losses where they had no shot to win. That was against Cleveland and Indiana. The mediocre road record holds them back some. But you can't feel totally bad about losses to Boston, Cleveland, Houston, SA, Dallas on the road. And they had a shot to win all of them besides the Cleveland game.

8.New Orleans Hornets=They're only 8-7 against teams with winning records and they've had a couple of bad losses to: Charlotte, Sac Town. Also, they've had 3 fairly convincing defeats to good teams this month.

Lost by 20 to Orlando (Only scoring 68 points), lost to LA by 13 and lost to Boston by 12.

9.Houston-Good team. A couple of bad losses this month though.

10.Dallas-They've only had 2 really impressive wins this far. Big wins over Phx and SA are it. They had a stretch where they lost 6 out 7 with losses to Chicago and the Clippers. I just don't think I can put them any higher right now.

Nice post...not to take away from it but I would rate them at around 5 above Denver and SA. The thing that is going unnoticed is the chemistry, swagger, and versatility of the new Hawks. People are learning their roles and playing them better (Josh Smith, Marvin, Zaza).

Josh is not shooting as many 3's (ill-advised, only when he's wide open) and he's been passing them up more often than not and taking it to the rack. He is also settling into being the 3rd scoring option and leaving the 2nd scoring option to Bibby or Marvin, whomever has the hot hand. Bibby and Marvin are shooting lights out and being a more formidable 2nd scoring option. Josh and Al are settling into their roles defensively. we all knew Josh would, but Al has been stepping up on help side defense.

We have been winning games with Joe in a slight slump. That tells us that we can win without Joe. Not necessarily without him in the lineup but when he's having an off-night we can still win. We are learning HOW to win and HOW to close out games.

Edited by SmooveHawksFan

Nice post...not to take away from it but I would rate them at around 5 above Denver and SA. The thing that is going unnoticed is the chemistry, swagger, and versatility of the new Hawks. People are learning their roles and playing them better (Josh Smith, Marvin, Zaza).

Josh is not shooting as many 3's (ill-advised, only when he's wide open) and he's been passing them up more often than not and taking it to the rack. He is also settling into being the 3rd scoring option and leaving the 2nd scoring option to Bibby or Marvin, whomever has the hot hand. Bibby and Marvin are shooting lights out and being a more formidable 2nd scoring option. Josh and Al are settling into their roles defensively. we all knew Josh would, but Al has been stepping up on help side defense.

We have been winning games with Joe in a slight slump. That tells us that we can win without Joe. Not necessarily without him in the lineup but when he's having an off-night we can still win. We are learning HOW to win and HOW to close out games.

Detroit is giving the Bucks a beatdown.

What does it take to impress Hotlanta? Apparently a championship is not enough....

It took 7 games to put away a 37 win team. They struggled to beat Cleveland who wasn't as good as they are now. That's why. Boston has questionable mental toughness and composure. Rattle their cage a bit and they don't seem to play like champs. They play sloppy and they turn the ball over alot. Their offense isn't all that great either. A times, during the games in Atlanta they looked like cowards.

Edited by Hotlanta1981