• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good going Crumpler you big fat tub of lard

Plainview1981

The Steelers won when Ben was in his second year he wasnt a rookie and truthfully the refs won the Seattle game not Ben. Ben was putrid in that game and if it was even close to being called right by the refs he would have been the goat. The Ravens were not better than the Titans. The Titans shot themselves in the foot way too many times. They dominated the game and still lost so I guess you can say they choked.On a side note what do you guys think of the now infamous play clock at zero for about 2 seconds and no penalty call.

Ah yep you're right, I hadn't checked that statement about him being a rookie and it was actually Bill Cowher who claimed during the pre-game show last Sunday that Good Burger was a rookie during their Super Bowl run because they were talking about could the Ravens actually win with a rookie at QB and that's when Cowher said that so I'll simply blame him here :)

As for the Ravens not being better than the Titans? I have to disagree. Earlier in the year the Titans were clearly better but each team went in opposite directions towards the end of the season and the Ravens went into Tennessee and beat them in the playoffs. I don't know how else you can prove that you're the better team than that. I am also a firm believer that the Ravens are one of maybe 3-4 teams in the NFL who are capable of forcing turnovers and not just being lucky to get them. You can say the Titans shot themselves in the feet too many times but it primarily because the Ravens are that damn good defensively at causing mistakes and turnovers. Just last week the Dolphins turned the ball over 5 times after tying an NFL record for the fewest turnovers in a season with I believe 13.

The explanation that I remember hearing about the play clock is that the umpire has to look at his stop watch and then up to the stadium clock when his hits zero and that's how you get the extra 1-ish seconds to get the play off. That seems pretty stupid to me though, why can't he start looking up with 1 second left on his clock? Or 2 seconds? Or why even keep the clock himself when he's not going to use that as the official clock?

• Moderators
Ah yep you're right, I hadn't checked that statement about him being a rookie and it was actually Bill Cowher who claimed during the pre-game show last Sunday that Good Burger was a rookie during their Super Bowl run because they were talking about could the Ravens actually win with a rookie at QB and that's when Cowher said that so I'll simply blame him here :)

As for the Ravens not being better than the Titans? I have to disagree. Earlier in the year the Titans were clearly better but each team went in opposite directions towards the end of the season and the Ravens went into Tennessee and beat them in the playoffs. I don't know how else you can prove that you're the better team than that. I am also a firm believer that the Ravens are one of maybe 3-4 teams in the NFL who are capable of forcing turnovers and not just being lucky to get them. You can say the Titans shot themselves in the feet too many times but it primarily because the Ravens are that damn good defensively at causing mistakes and turnovers. Just last week the Dolphins turned the ball over 5 times after tying an NFL record for the fewest turnovers in a season with I believe 13.

The explanation that I remember hearing about the play clock is that the umpire has to look at his stop watch and then up to the stadium clock when his hits zero and that's how you get the extra 1-ish seconds to get the play off. That seems pretty stupid to me though, why can't he start looking up with 1 second left on his clock? Or 2 seconds? Or why even keep the clock himself when he's not going to use that as the official clock?

On the play clock, that seems like a terrible system if that is what they use. I wouldn't want the ref to take his eyes off the play. Just set it up so that something buzzes on the belt when time expires and if the play is snapped before the buzzer, he can ignore it. When it buzzes prior to the play, he blows his whistle so there isn't delay, confusion, etc.

Either way, this is a call they routinely get correct and I don't know what the reason was for this screwup.

Edited by AHF

Crap. Crumpler is a 260 pound man. Players have taken worse hits and don't fumble the ball. Don't want to hear that "The forced the turnovers nonsense. Crumpler is a crappy player. Never was that good. He had some decent stat seasons, but the fact is that Vick pretty much only threw to him. They did nothing special. They were even getting chewed up until Johnson left the game. Where was the big bad Ravens defense when Johnson was running over them until he got out? Where was that number 2 ranked defense when he was in the game if they were so great? Justin Gage is a crappy WR and had like 135 yards catching. Why didn't the Ravens defense stop him? You know, they got that number 2 ranked defense, but they giving up a fair number of plays Sat.

The Ravens often play good defense, but they're defense wasn't that good Saturday and their offense was terrible. They had basically TWO plays the entire game on offense. They won the game because the Titans fumbled the ball and missed a FG. Although it was a long FG so I don't really think about it that much. The Ravens didn't win jack.

While the Titans might be overrated, atleast they can make the playoffs 2 years in a row.

*Lets see, Johnson goes out and then yall abandon the running game. Should have used White, my bad he fumbled inside the dam 10 didnt he..lol.

*A crappy WR had 135 yds. Didnt see the endzone...lol. Thats like Turner rushing for 200yds and no touchdowns.

*So a no good defense held the best record in the NFL team to 10 points..Whats that saying about the Titans

*Right, so a no good defense forced turnovers. Wow, we are talking about the Titans right?

*A missed FG lost the game. That was the only possession of the game or something? Thats like me blaming Brooking for our lost..lol.

* The NFL isnt like other sports. No one cares if you went to the playoffs twice in a row. YOU LOST!!!

Titans are going to be crap next year.

GO Falcons

Unless Fisher is retiring, I doubt it!

Even if Fisher retires they'll still be good next year unless they don't have Haynesworth. He's really the anchor that makes that defense so good and without that excellent defense they're an 8-8 team at best.

Even if Fisher retires they'll still be good next year unless they don't have Haynesworth. He's really the anchor that makes that defense so good and without that excellent defense they're an 8-8 team at best.

Yeah, thats why I'm skeptical of some of this Haynesworth as our FA target talk. I'd just be very suprised if a) Tennessee let him go and b) he was willing to take equal money to go to another team.

Yeah, thats why I'm skeptical of some of this Haynesworth as our FA target talk. I'd just be very suprised if a) Tennessee let him go and b) he was willing to take equal money to go to another team.

FWIW, word on the streets here in Nashville is Haynesworth and Collins are both staying. Collins wants one more go at the Super Bowl. I'm skeptical...

*Lets see, Johnson goes out and then yall abandon the running game. Should have used White, my bad he fumbled inside the dam 10 didnt he..lol.

*A crappy WR had 135 yds. Didnt see the endzone...lol. Thats like Turner rushing for 200yds and no touchdowns.

*So a no good defense held the best record in the NFL team to 10 points..Whats that saying about the Titans

*Right, so a no good defense forced turnovers. Wow, we are talking about the Titans right?

*A missed FG lost the game. That was the only possession of the game or something? Thats like me blaming Brooking for our lost..lol.

* The NFL isnt like other sports. No one cares if you went to the playoffs twice in a row. YOU LOST!!!

Titans are going to be crap next year.

GO Falcons

Players hold onto the ball like their supposed to... The Ravens LOSE. Even if they don't hit the endzone... Your talking about 6 points. Which means the Ravens lose. The Titans lost the game because they didn't hold onto the ball. He had very little to do the Ravens. They were getting ran over until CJ was out of the game and then the Titans had to bring in a slow overweight RB which made it easy for the Ravens. I'd give Ravens the more credit if they were shutting down the run or the pass. But they didn't. They allowed 400 yards of total offense. A couple of fumbles was the difference.

You want to act like it don't mean anything because your team can't do it. So of your you want to act like it don't mean anything. The Falcons have accomplished VERY LITTLE since they've been around.

"YOU LOST!!!"

Let the Falcons make the playoffs more than like once every 5 seasons before you have the right compare them to anybody else other than teams like the Cards or the Lions.

The Falcons have a couple of good building blocks. But that don't mean they will not mess it up. To help your team, I'd suggest getting rid of Keith Brookings. He sucks.

Btw, your team LOST!!!!! Also. And your team has LOST!!!! Pretty much every since they've been in Atlanta.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Anybody can win on any Sunday. ESP when the other team shoots themselves in the foot.

The Ravens shut Miami down.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=290104015

They didn't shut the Titans down. They benefited from a couple of turnovers. Yeah, they gave some good hits, but players have taken alot bigger hits before and not fumbled the ball. Crumpler just got cut by Atlanta for a reason. He had good hands his first few years, but his last year in Atlanta not so much. Seeing him fumble wasn't really a surprise. The Ravens benefited from the exit of a player that was killing them, a missed FG, and a couple of fumbles. In a low scoring game that was the difference. Look what all had to happen for the Ravens to get a marginal win.

Getting outplayed and benefiting from a couple of turnovers doesn't make you a better team. It took a number of factors for the Ravens to barely win that game.

• Moderators
Crumpler just got cut by Atlanta for a reason. He had good hands his first few years, but his last year in Atlanta not so much. Seeing him fumble wasn't really a surprise.

This is why I don't understand why you are so angry at him. It is almost like going after

DeSagana Diop to be your center and then being really pissed because he missed a key free throw. If it isn't a surprise when it happens, you should be mad at the coach & GM - not as mad at the player for performing consistent with your expectations.

This is why I don't understand why you are so angry at him. It is almost like going after

DeSagana Diop to be your center and then being really pissed because he missed a key free throw. If it isn't a surprise when it happens, you should be mad at the coach & GM - not as mad at the player for performing consistent with your expectations.

I'm not mad at his lack of a productive season. The guy failed to simply hold on to a ball. I know he took a hit, but he is a big guy. Just hold the d@mn ball.

• Moderators
I'm not mad at his lack of a productive season. The guy failed to simply hold on to a ball. I know he took a hit, but he is a big guy. Just hold the d@mn ball.

I know but you want his career ended for something you yourself say wasn't a surprise. I feel like the Titans got what they paid for a bit with him.